• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3" Flow masters

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
buwaaat

lol can't wait to get these and the new 3" piping in.

IMAG0058-1.gif

They'll be loud if that's what you are after...

That and letting the 493 breathe a little better. The Summit turbo muffs and the crappy chunky peanut butter welds that leak in several spots the last shop did are just driving me crazy.

With the H-pipe to equalize it, hopefully it sounds nice and throaty and not thrushy so to speak as it does now, Loud = good :)

I'll run straights before running Flow Bastards.... :D

I'll run straights before running Flow Bastards.... :D

LMAO! wasn't my first choice but for the price I got these for and the way these heads flow I want to see or hear what they sound like.

I could use some of those 3" on my 383....LMAO. Seriously I think I might after I return home and get started on my restoration. Look at my gallery and post a comment if you would please. Thank you and good luck.

LMAO! wasn't my first choice but for the price I got these for and the way these heads flow I want to see or hear what they sound like.
I'm serious about using straights! Most people think I'm joking and are surprised at the sound. Most think it's going to be nasty loud but if you do them right, they can sound pretty good.....but sometimes they can be nasty loud and sound nasty if you don't do them right lol. I have a single straight on my V6 Dakota and it's kinda ratty sounding when I have my foot in it but my /6 Belvedere sounded pretty decent. Neither one had anything to help tone down the sound tho. Just smooth pipe all the way to the tail. You can add crimps to a section of pipe to change the sound and it makes that section even look similar to a muffler and that alone will usually get it to pass state inspection if you have that. Just don't go very deep with them so it doesn't impede the flow. The straight on my diesel makes it sound like a big rig and it passes inspection every year....for the last 10+ years.

I just replaced my 3" Flowmasters with 3" Dynomax because the Flowmasters were too restrictive. They were causing problems with my header evac system. When I did the research I couldn't believe just how much more restrictive baffled mufflers in general are compared to straight through glass packs..

I have 3" Dynomax on my Coronet and on the the Demon that I sold. They are loud, but not in an obnoxious way.

I am pretty sure this is going o be loud, need to make sure these Chevy boys know I'm coming to run them down! hahah insert evil laugh here

I have 3" Dynomax on my Coronet and on the the Demon that I sold. They are loud, but not in an obnoxious way.

I replaced Delta 50s with the Dynomax Ultra Flows and they are a bit more quiet than the Flows. Especially at cruise speeds. The vacuum increase at the header tubes was significant and when I got home from welding them in my car was idling 200 rpm higher. Only down side is that I developed an anoying resonance at 32-3500 rpm that wasn't there before. I did install an H pipe at the same time but I think it comes from the mufflers.

Which series did you select? I have the 3" 50 series--they're actually listed in the Flowmaster brochure as SUV mufflers. I really like the sound!

Attachments

• 2. Satellite under-rear.jpg
    2. Satellite under-rear.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 273
I got the super 40's. I would run around with open headers but the cops would haul me off to jail for the noise and the rice cooker kids would need to change their diapers haha.

Loud exhaust comes in handy at times too....especially when someone pulls up with their ghetto blaster set on vibrate. I usually win when that happens :D

I'm not big on Flowmasters, but behind a 493 I reckon they'll sound good, lol. Hopefully you can post up some sound clips.

I got the super 40's. I would run around with open headers but the cops would haul me off to jail for the noise and the rice cooker kids would need to change their diapers haha.

I've only had my RR for 2 weeks now, it is a 383 with headers, 3" pipe and 3" Flowmasters and I can tell you it is LOUD!

The day I bought it, I trailered it from the sellers house (no tail lights, guages, 100mile drive). I pulled the trailer up in the center of my Cul-De-Sac and fired her up to drive it off the trailer....2 seconds later my wife, my next door neighbor and the cop that lives across the street all came out of their respective houses to see what the noise was.

My wife described what she heard inside our house as "a B52 bomber landing in our front yard".

I've only had my RR for 2 weeks now, it is a 383 with headers, 3" pipe and 3" Flowmasters and I can tell you it is LOUD!

The day I bought it, I trailered it from the sellers house (no tail lights, guages, 100mile drive). I pulled the trailer up in the center of my Cul-De-Sac and fired her up to drive it off the trailer....2 seconds later my wife, my next door neighbor and the cop that lives across the street all came out of their respective houses to see what the noise was.

My wife described what she heard inside our house as "a B52 bomber landing in our front yard".

ROFL! That's great lol you know the old saying scare the crap out of them and they will run lol I should paint on a P40 nose art or paint on a b52 on the car lol

I would love to go straights but here were I live it would be an instant ticket lol

Tomorrow's the day love or hate it I 'll make a vid and post it up.

Ok here is a short 20 sec vid of the new exhaust just completed. I will make another one idling and driving tomorrow. Also some pics. You guys be the judges love or hate it your opinion matters so I wont be offended if you hate it ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0IiI2x0Ej4

Almost done, the guys there complained about the tips since I insisted on using the stock factory tips I had on there. I like them and wanted to see what people thought, after all it is a "resto mod" project :)
IMAG0069-1.jpg

And yes I know I need to get up under there and clean that bottom side, lol it's on my list of things to do.

Auto Transport Service
Back