• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 point belt add in.

Interesting question. Is there even an anchor point in the roof or B pillar?
During a restoration....that would be an excellent time to weld in a recessed nut to retain a seat belt.
I used XV motorsports 3 point belts in my '70. If they are still selling them, I'll probably install them in my "Jigsaw" car.
I had 3 point belts from Snayk Oyl. Who remembers THOSE guys?

I know in at least 65 and back there is no structure in the mounting normal mounting area. One of the reasons for wanting to do an 8 point cage in it. Need to look at the wagon tomorrow to see if there is anything available for potential mounting.

Anyone add in 3 point belts to their 67's?
I added them in to my 66 Satellite. I didn't weld anything in - I had the headliner out to clean up the metal underneath and while I was there I driiled a hole through the roof / C Pillar where I wanted to mount the belt. The square access hole to the right of the picture below is big enough to get your hand in, so I dabbed a bit of silicone on the plate and slid it through the hole until the nut on the plate slipped through the hole I had drilled. The silicone was just to temporarily hold it in place until it was all bolted up (you wouldn't want it falling down after the headliner is back in). Once it's bolted into place it can't go anywhere as it's sandwiched between the metal roof structure. Would it be stronger welding the plate into the structure? Probably would be, but I don't weld and if I'm in a crash bad enough to tear that plate through the inner structure then I've got bigger problems. Sorry I haven't got any better photos, I took some at the time but I think they got lost on an old phone.
20211027_181559.jpg

20211114_154537.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

20240201_172208.jpg

Last edited:
Seat belts plus sells a kit with the backing plate. I am considering them for my Coronet.

1964-67 Mopar B Body Seat Belts - 3 Point Conversion - Bucket Seats
Thank you for the lead.
I had a look at the pillar areas in the car. Since it's a wagon there are actual potential pillar mounting areas. I'll need to poke around later on, especially the b-pillar as it appears the headliner may need to come out so I could slip a mounting plate down to the chosen area. The b-pillar looks to be solid from top to bottom. The c-pillar has a trim piece there, so take it out and have a look see.

IMG_4415.jpeg

IMG_4416.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back