• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR TRADE 32,34,35,and 39 tooth speedometer gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargehard

Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
long shaft speedometer gears, excellent condition 32 tooth, 34 tooth, 35 tooth 25.00 delivered, 39 tooth 35.00 delivered to lower 48 from N.W.pa.16354, for canada add 3.00

Last edited:
Do you know which speedo drive gear would be close for a 4 speed ( 1:1 high gear)3:55 rear gears and 28" tall rear tires?.......................MO

i have two charts and they vary,so i guess it's just a guideline. but the one that goes by tire height calls for a 33 tooth. what size are your tires? i could dig out my other chart and see what it recommends if you'd like, but you may be in for some trial and error, i do have a 33 tooth also for 25.00 if that's what you decide, thanks.john.

My car is still at the paint shop. When I get it home, I will pull the speedo gear and see what I have. This is a new build, so I am working with purchased tranny. Thanks folks........................MO

Question ??

I have a problem with the speedo on my 73 Satellite.
On occasion it makes a terrible grinding noise and the needle goes up into the 100's erratically.
Would this be the speedometer itself , the speedometer cable or the trans gear ??
Also, I went from 14" tires to 15", so what gear would I need ??

Mike..

Question ??

I have a problem with the speedo on my 73 Satellite.
On occasion it makes a terrible grinding noise and the needle goes up into the 100's erratically.
Would this be the speedometer itself , the speedometer cable or the trans gear ??
Also, I went from 14" tires to 15", so what gear would I need ??

Mike..
if i had to guess,i'd say either the cable or the speedometer.i know they're not the same but 70's and 80's toyotas were prone to speedometer pinion seal leaks which would allow grease or fluid to travel up the cable and build up on the speedometer head causing high speedometer readings.a good place to start might be to pull the cable at the speedometer and check it.as far as the right gear you'll have to consult the chart themechanic posted or some similar chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back