• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 Ready to Go.

Coyote with a roadrunner

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Here are some pics just taken today of the redone 383. Will be putting it on the dyno next week. Our goal is to be cruising by mid June.

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

That looks great man! Is this your shop? Please tell us about the dyno experience, and how things work there for those of us that want to know. I have a similar 383 now, and dyno tuning tips would cut alot of guesswork. Thanks!

Tell us a little about the engine (cam, heads, pistons) and what you have done and expected HP and torq.

It has:Comp cam, extreme energy, 268 duration, little over .5 lift, 906 heads, decked, stainless valves and new hardened seats, flat top speed pro forged piston, 1.6 ratio hughes roller rockers, 7 quart deep oil pan with windage tray, preformer RPM intake, and 800 CFM Eldebrock AVS MSD pro billet, plus 6A box, Heddman headers, Expected HP, we hope to to be in the 400 to 450 range, 450 to 500 torq, we hope.
This is not our shop, wish it was. We will let you know how the dyno goes.

Too cool. Thanks for sharing. Getting ready to pull my 440 and not yet figured what route I'll be taking yet.
Definitely keep us posted on the dyno

Auto Transport Service
Back