• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3spd wiper motor for 69 Charger

FrnkNsteen

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Can someone tell me of anybody that sells rebuilt 3spd wiper motors to fit my 69 Charger with 4spd (so I can hopefully get it with reverse light harness already installed)?

I sent mine off to someone to rebuild, and they have had it since the beginning of April. Last contact I received was in July after I asked if she was doing ok, since I hadn't heard anything from her since early June. It is now nearly the end of August and I can't get any response when asking when my motor will be ready.

My Charger will be going through paint soon, and will be ready for the engine compartment to be put together and I do not have a wiper motor. I'm at the point of saying screw-it and ordering another one from someone else. Frustrating thing is now I have no core and will have to pay extra for a core charge, on top of what I already paid to ship my old motor (that I no longer have now).

Please let me know where I can order one if anyone knows who carries them.

Thanks

Passion4Mopars rebuilt my 3 spd and at one time was the go-to place. But recently there's been chatter about long lead times.

Another restorer is Stephen Fornier, but he's in Canada.

Can someone tell me of anybody that sells rebuilt 3spd wiper motors to fit my 69 Charger with 4spd (so I can hopefully get it with reverse light harness already installed)?

I sent mine off to someone to rebuild, and they have had it since the beginning of April. Last contact I received was in July after I asked if she was doing ok, since I hadn't heard anything from her since early June. It is now nearly the end of August and I can't get any response when asking when my motor will be ready.

My Charger will be going through paint soon, and will be ready for the engine compartment to be put together and I do not have a wiper motor. I'm at the point of saying screw-it and ordering another one from someone else. Frustrating thing is now I have no core and will have to pay extra for a core charge, on top of what I already paid to ship my old motor (that I no longer have now).

Please let me know where I can order one if anyone knows who carries them.

Thanks
Mike

Big mistake where you currently have it at......I cannot believe people still send that person stuff...

Bill Meerholz is an outstanding restorer, great communicator and has a true passion for Mopars....

http://www.bmcuda.com

The main problem is that you need a 3 speed wiper motor to rebuild.....geez....check here, Moparts & Ebay…..sorry brother.

Oh yeah.... or do what I did and make a C-body 3 spd wiper motor work by rounding out the opposite side of your 3spd wiper first connecting arm that attaches to the motor (3" long...not sure name). It works...mine has been that way for 20 yrs. without an issue.

Mike

Big mistake where you currently have it at......I cannot believe people still send that person stuff...

Bill Meerholz is an outstanding restorer, great communicator and has a true passion for Mopars....

http://www.bmcuda.com

Yeah,... Lesson learned! Sad that I didn't even have to say who it was. I only sent it to her because I saw multiple threads saying she did good work. Do you know if he sells them outright, or does he only restore if you have your old one? I found that Ted at Stephens Performance has rebuilt units too. Just got an email from him saying he charges $399 + $150 for a core charge.

Edit,... Just went on his website and it looks like he has cores for some models. Looks like $459 + $200 core for the one I need.

It looks like Bill Meerholz has a "Budget" 3spd wiper motor that will work for me. I just sent him an email to confirm that it will fit my car, and that he will sell it to me without a core (obviously with an extra core charge). Guess I will go that route and deal with the other later.

Warning to all for future reference,.... Without actually naming names,.... DO NOT SEND YOUR WIPER MOTOR TO THE WOMAN WITH A "PASSION" FOR MOPARS!!. It appears that once she has your core,.... you are at her mercy and I can't say if you will ever get it back. I can't even get her to reply to an email, let alone have any confidence that I will ever see my original motor again.

I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she may be dealing with other issues if I hadn't witnessed others being referred to her and come back on here (or FABO) saying how quickly she responded to their email with questions,... yet I can't even get her to respond to any of the emails I have sent her. And I'm actually in the middle of doing business with her!

Update,.... Sent an email to cancel my order and request my core be sent back to me. Miraculously, I got an immediate reply saying it was on the bench being finished yesterday and will be ready to ship. Also sent pictures of my motor with the email. Hopefully it will get closed out and sent to me, otherwise I will place the order with Bill Meerholz as suggested.

Thanks guys!!

Update,.... Sent an email to cancel my order and request my core be sent back to me. Miraculously, I got an immediate reply saying it was on the bench being finished yesterday and will be ready to ship. Also sent pictures of my motor with the email. Hopefully it will get closed out and sent to me, otherwise I will place the order with Bill Meerholz as suggested.

Thanks guys!!
Yeap....I got the same response when I demanded mine back.....then in the link above you see the pisspoor job........now you pay full price and a win win for that person's end.....and a lose lose for you....

Word to the wise.......have a true professional go through it.....

Well,.. now I don't know what to do. Do I take the chance that it will work ok, or do I tell her to send it and I will pay the invoice once I get it and verify it works? Here are the pictures she sent me of my wiper motor.

20180822_190600.jpg 20180822_190603.jpg 20180822_190607.jpg

Last edited:
By chance are you able to verify that is your wiper motor, maybe by date code, or by having marked it somehow prior to shipping......

Well, I know that the motor case is mine by the numbers, but other than that it is hard to tell. I'm not so concerned that it isn't my motor. Just concerned with how quickly it may have been put together and don't want to get what MoparNation got.

I'm sad to hear that her business turned out how it did. It seemed like she had a good business in the making, then threw it away.

Kudos to those that warned the community of a possible bad situation.

I do credit her with at least providing a lot of information on her site to help folks with research as to part numbers, switches and the such (even if the links are now dead/pulled).

Auto Transport Service
Back