• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 door seats in a 2 door?

icetech

Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
So... the person that was going to do my seats flaked and i can't even get my frames/springs back at this point... I know someone that has a pair of '62 bench seats for sale (If he still has them).. Was just curious if anyone knows if 4 door seats (Mainly the back) will fit? I'm sure i can make a front fit.. It won't fold forward but i will never use my rear seat anyway.. Thanks guys...

P.S. hoping the price isn't insane.. really don't want to put cheap buckets in my car :(

Most 4 door rear bench seat bottoms are curved for rear door access.

Not sure if they will fit where a 2 door bottom goes.

The top should be the same.

Personally, I'd wait.

Most 4 door rear bench seat bottoms are curved for rear door access.

Not sure if they will fit where a 2 door bottom goes.

The top should be the same.

Personally, I'd wait.
Wait for what? finding seats for a 62 isn't gonna get easier... i will probably end up running carpet up where the back of the rear seat was and then buying those lowback CJ buckets for the front.. which i really didn't want but it's that or sit on the carpet :)

From my experience years ago, I had a 60 Plymouth 2 door and put seats from a 67 GTX in that car, including the carpet.
So, I'll bet the 4 door seats will work as well.
Hoping that helps somewhat
ruffcut

My 64 2drhdtp has 64 4dr rear seats. A little different but they fit.

My 63 2door sedan b body has a 64 4 door b body rear seat and has a front 64 b body front bench seat with fold down arm rest in center , everything fits ,not using original seat covers .

My 63 2door sedan b body has a 64 4 door b body rear seat and has a front 64 b body front bench seat with fold down arm rest in center , everything fits ,not using original seat covers .
Ahh thanks much! Should work then :) the stupid seats have stressed me more than anything on this car cause it's the one thing i can't do myself and of course it screwed me..

I have a 63 4dr front bench seat that is still in the car and in pretty decent shape, for how old it is. It does have the fold down arm rest.
If you can use it, the seat is free, but I would like to get something out of the seat tracks.
Just let me know, as I am just north of I-94 in Battle Creek.

I have a 63 4dr front bench seat that is still in the car and in pretty decent shape, for how old it is. It does have the fold down arm rest.
If you can use it, the seat is free, but I would like to get something out of the seat tracks.
Just let me know, as I am just north of I-94 in Battle Creek.
Will let you know, thanks

I am also looking for a front seat or seat upholstery. Attached is a picture of the seat in red. I need the teal color.
1695258743122.jpeg

So... the person that was going to do my seats flaked and i can't even get my frames/springs back at this point... I know someone that has a pair of '62 bench seats for sale (If he still has them).. Was just curious if anyone knows if 4 door seats (Mainly the back) will fit? I'm sure i can make a front fit.. It won't fold forward but i will never use my rear seat anyway.. Thanks guys...

P.S. hoping the price isn't insane.. really don't want to put cheap buckets in my car :(
Four door seats should fit, btw i installed a 67 gtx upper rear seat in a four door car.

20230317_133304.jpg

20230317_133242.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back