• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 sd Hump location?

ohiokm

Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi there, anyone have some dimensions to locate my 4 speed hump ? I'm installing into my 64 Plymouth belvedere. Thank you in advance! It's a resto mod ...soo I'm starting from nothing.

I'm not sure about the 62-65's, but on 66-70's the hump will only sit in one position and fit the floor pan correctly. Some of the more versed 62 to 65 people might chime in.

If you engine and trans in car work off shifter mount. Could measure off trans mount to center of shifter mount.

If you get a new 4 speed hump, just lay it over your floor so it fits correctly and trace around the edges with chalk. remove the hump and cut your floor about 1" inside of your chalk line...Then you have a flange to weld your new one in.......MO

If you get a new 4 speed hump, just lay it over your floor so it fits correctly and trace around the edges with chalk. remove the hump and cut your floor about 1" inside of your chalk line...Then you have a flange to weld your new one in.......MO

@Cornpatch MO do the early cars have the torsion bar crossmember running through the middle of the hump like later model B bodies?

Well my big problem is the previous Brain Surgeon owner . He cut out the section of the tunnel to clear the CSR tranny shield. Soo I'm pretty much starting from scratch. Fabricating my own tunnel area and installing the 4 sd hump...with an automatic transmission. My main worry is the replacement carpet fitting (4sd ) fitting correctly.

Here's the location on my '64 Dodge Polara. Plymouth will be in the same location. Just in front of the torsion bar crossmember.

IMG_5433a.jpg

Found another pic that might be helpful...

IMG_5369a.jpg

Last edited:
@Cornpatch MO do the early cars have the torsion bar crossmember running through the middle of the hump like later model B bodies?
IIRC my 64 Dodge B body , the rear of the torsion bars fit into the 4 speed tranny mount crossmember.. The tranny mount bolted to that crossmember . And the mount was on the tailshaft housing.. The 4 speed hump is ahead of that crossmember.. Not gospel, just what I recall.........................................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back