• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed bearing retainer question.

No surprise there !!

By the way ... who's "local" ???

Who was cheaper? Unless NM gets a price break from Brewer, they probably marked up the price....?
If you order direct then you pay Brewer's price, cross-border shipping, brokerage fee and tax.

If you buy "local" then all those costs are rolled into your final price. The local dealer buys at a bit of a discount and maybe saves a few bucks on shipping and brokerage if he orders a bunch of stuff. But his discount really isn't worth his hassle so he adds a few more points on. The bottom line is you'll NEVER buy "local" for less than buying direct.

The least expensive way to go is to buy direct and have it shipped to a U.S. Address then drive down and pick it up. This saves on shipping costs and brokerage BUT we'd still pay the state sales tax of wherever that U.S. Address is and then there's the possibility of paying Canadian sales tax when we bring the stuff back. I've been very lucky with this method but the cost savings has to at least be worth the round trip cost of fuel.

If you order direct then you pay Brewer's price, cross-border shipping, brokerage fee and tax.

If you buy "local" then all those costs are rolled into your final price. The local dealer buys at a bit of a discount and maybe saves a few bucks on shipping and brokerage if he orders a bunch of stuff. But his discount really isn't worth his hassle so he adds a few more points on. The bottom line is you'll NEVER buy "local" for less than buying direct.

The least expensive way to go is to buy direct and have it shipped to a U.S. Address then drive down and pick it up. This saves on shipping costs and brokerage BUT we'd still pay the state sales tax of wherever that U.S. Address is and then there's the possibility of paying Canadian sales tax when we bring the stuff back. I've been very lucky with this method but the cost savings has to at least be worth the round trip cost of fuel.
You know where we are. Sometimes ordering directly from the US comes at a pretty steep end price.This depends on who the carrier is. Some US vendors won’t ship to Canada. If I wanted to pick up across the border it would be about 260 miles each way.
So I order things from Nigel. I know what it will cost to get it to our door.
Have been dealing with National Moparts since about 1990.
I don’t think that Brewer’s will direct ship to Canada.

Actually, Brewer's does direct ship to Canada. I did order some small bits from them just recently.
Its UPS that nails you at the border.

I don’t think that Brewer’s will direct ship to Canada.

Actually, Brewer's does direct ship to Canada. I did order some small bits from them just recently.
Its UPS that nails you at the border.
Apparently they will ship just about anywhere
20221107_120903.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back