• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed Clutch / Pressure Plate Recommendations?

RRcrazy

Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
I need to know if anyone has recommendation on clutch assemblies and should you change the flex plate. How difficult is it to do?? Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

1970 Roadrunner
383 .40 over 11.5/1
4 speed
3.23 rear.

Flex plate is only used on an automatic. Manual transmissions use a flywheel. I have had good luck with McLeod clutches and using the original Borg and Beck style pressure plates. It is not extremely difficult but it is something I consider as "work" - you have to get the car off the ground, remove the driveshaft, remove the transmission, then you can usually remove the clutch and pressure plate assembly.

If you're asking how difficult it is to do you might want to think about finding a helper this time.

I had good luck with the centerforce clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing kit. Have the flywheel resurfaced by someone that knows what they're doing no matter what parts you choose. They'll tell you if they can do the work or if you need a new flywheel.

Auto Transport Service
Back