• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 4 speed conversion for 68 Roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody3037

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
Like the title says I'm looking for a complete 4 speed conversion for a 68 RR. I'm in upstate NY. Walton 13856. Will travel several hours to get complete set up. Just bought a 68 Roadrunner and it's an auto and my first car on the road was a 4 speed car. This car was priced right and close enough to go get it. Thanks for any help. Woody. I've been on the A Body site for a couple of years now but I just bought my Roadrunner so here I am. I have tons of 67-69 Barracuda parts if anybody needs any that I'm selling off to fund my RR.

Call Wayne @ Brewers Performance. They sell a kit with everything you will need. This would eliminate scrounging up all the parts individually and the stuff they sell is top notch.

The Brewers purchase price may scare you, but you are getting all new stuff from them. I've been scrounging together a complete 4 speed conversion for a 67 B body, and by the time I bought all the pieces, and rebuilt stuff myself, I was a long way towards the Brewers kit price...and it took me about a year to get to that point. I sourced a lot of my parts through Brewers, and they are great guys to deal with.

I did the same as DSD for my 70 RR, got parts for over a year. I saved about $1500 compared to the purchase price of the complete kit from Brewer's or Passon. Keep in mind that you are paying them for their time in assembling the complete kit. So if you have the time and motivation to find the parts yourself, you can save yourself some coin. If $$ is not an issue, then getting a complete kit from one of them is worth it.

There is a rebuilt 4 speed tranny for sale in Lake Carmel, NY Here's the link. Good Luck.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/4820330349.html

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link for a shifter.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/4804822828.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back