• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Hemi for sale Not Mine

73HEMI_RR_GTX

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Here's a link for a 426 Hemi for sale. Ad says 1968 but I thinks it maybe 66 or 67
It's listed on CraigsList phoenix az. No price, may just be fishing!
MOPAR 426 Hemi - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
00909_kP0cn2DLEtwz_0iE0dZ_50x50c.jpg
00I0I_8NPwzoLY9cjz_0iE0dZ_50x50c.jpg
00A0A_27At6O6UJUuz_0iE0dZ_50x50c.jpg
00909_pxAQWm3gejz_0iE0dZ_50x50c.jpg
00r0r_gnWLPc8HXLBz_0iE0dZ_50x50c.jpg

Last edited:
Love the big "K" Kmart oil filter!

Vin on block bell housing area carbs both 68. Bet he wants big bucks. Without pulling it apart you never know what surprises are awaiting you like a spun main, cracks.

Not really unusual to have a 66 cast block in a 68. No real stamping on the pad is unusual.

I sent him and email asking the price and this was his reply ....

I sent him and email asking the price and this was his reply ....

That will never happen unless by some chance you had the car it came from. Even at that if everything was perfect by the time you get all the checks and machine work done you could have 1,500 to 2 grand there. By the time you do the rest with your free labor you could spend another 2 to 3 grand. So by the time you are done you would have 31 to 33 grand tied up.

Not out of range actually. The original carbs, aircleaner, exhaust manifolds, engine mounts, distributor etc. add up in a hurry. I think it is priced about right when you consider all the high dollar parts that are included as long as the castings are in good shape.

Not out of range actually. The original carbs, aircleaner, exhaust manifolds, engine mounts, distributor etc. add up in a hurry. I think it is priced about right when you consider all the high dollar parts that are included as long as the castings are in good shape.
If you heard run? And assured nothing major damaged? Then yeah. It's not totally out of line. It appears pan to aircleaner complete?

I wonder if it's easier to find a motor. Then look for a car that you can claim numbers matching? (Not original. But a number's matching restoration?) With a Gen II hemi? It may very well be easier?

I wonder if it's easier to find a motor. Then look for a car that you can claim numbers matching? (Not original. But a number's matching restoration?) With a Gen II hemi? It may very well be easier?

No, no, and no. Unless you find the original car it will never be numbers matching legally again.

Price isnt to far out of reality.....

IF it cks out person.
No way would i drop that kind of money on it. Far to many unknowns

Now....if the car exists....HE might bite

Ps.

Im 2 hours away if someone wants eyes on it ( i cant do anything with it ...no money amd no room for it)

Auto Transport Service
Back