• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Hemi transplant

20171119_140036.jpg

Did you build the motor or did a builder? Love the red bumble bee stripes over black!

I didn't realize you had a '68, so the oval air cleaner base I posted about wouldn't be 'correct'.

May want to upgrade your fuel sending unit pickup & lines to fuel pump to 3/8 or 1/2.

I did the same thing this last summer, put a hemi where a regular V8 was in a 68 Charger, I found the schmauker mounts needed some trimming as the two halves got in the way of the other half. The TTI headers may hit the heads of the cross bolts for the main caps. That might be due to the aluminum block or the ARP bolts that were used. Address the oil dip stick/tube before setting engine in place. I used the Edelbrock 7524 intake and dual FI Tec set up which is way to high for hood clearance, so had to scoop it. Then you want a good seat belt because with a A855 and a 3:54 dana on the first test drive trying to seat the rings the 14 inch tires would not stop spinning even when you try. Pics

20170831_170001.jpg 20170810_080513.jpg 20170809_133336.jpg 20171221_154142.jpg

I did the same thing this last summer, put a hemi where a regular V8 was in a 68 Charger, I found the schmauker mounts needed some trimming as the two halves got in the way of the other half. The TTI headers may hit the heads of the cross bolts for the main caps. That might be due to the aluminum block or the ARP bolts that were used. Address the oil dip stick/tube before setting engine in place. I used the Edelbrock 7524 intake and dual FI Tec set up which is way to high for hood clearance, so had to scoop it. Then you want a good seat belt because with a A855 and a 3:54 dana on the first test drive trying to seat the rings the 14 inch tires would not stop spinning even when you try. Pics

View attachment 558947 View attachment 558948 View attachment 558949 View attachment 558950

Did you have to have a custom piston for those heads? How do you like the FITech setup?

Did you build the motor or did a builder? Love the red bumble bee stripes over black!

I didn't realize you had a '68, so the oval air cleaner base I posted about wouldn't be 'correct'.
A well known builder put it together....I ran and sounded great!!

also I found a guy in Detroit that builds the chrome dome for my carb set up...hope it fits !!!

Did you have to have a custom piston for those heads? How do you like the FITech setup?
The pistons are made by Diamond, should be 11:1 with Edelbrock heads and a 4.375 bore. The part number was listed as 152959. The FiTech will need some fine tuning to get the most out of it but seems pretty good out of the box.

Auto Transport Service
Back