• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 max wedge anyone interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got head gaskets for it waiting on new headers and alt bracket i have no idea thats the only number i could see from the bottem its going back together tho it wants to wheelie i dident need the money anyways just put it out there b/c its not time correct to my car in anyway but will be one hell of a set up thanks for looking -Don

It sure sounds very healthy:)

BTW- with the casting date of 11-1-63 (and the use of Stage 3 internal parts), that would have been built for the '64 model year. The pad on top does NOT appear to have been milled since it was first machined. It looks to have W T stamped on it, I have had a couple of W T stamped 440 blocks and believe it stood for Water Tested. My best guess on your engine, is that it was an over the counter '64 MW shortblock. The lack of the 426 VMP (HC if 12.5 pistons), would have held it back from any restorer wanting it for an all out restoration, but none the less, it is a very neat piece!

Attachments

• 1964maxwedgeblock.jpg
    1964maxwedgeblock.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 451
I must add the following:

I picked up a 64 426w block that had the same casting number on it EXACTLY as your pic. All 426 blocks (Street wedge to Max Wedge) from 63 to 65 had this casting number, and the pad that is blank would show what it was, as long as it was not restamped. Mine was VT42 for a 64 426w. I also have never seen a crank casting number stamped into a throw like the one in your two pics. The only part that I do see with a proper part number is the rods.

sorry, just sayin'...:)

426 MW engines typically had the part # stamped into a counterweight. They were special items. Here is a '63 maxie crank.

Attachments

• 63maxie426crank.jpg
    63maxie426crank.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 446
Thanks Guys i put alot of work in on this cant wait to hit the Street

It sure sounds very healthy:)

BTW- with the casting date of 11-1-63 (and the use of Stage 3 internal parts), that would have been built for the '64 model year. The pad on top does NOT appear to have been milled since it was first machined. It looks to have W T stamped on it, I have had a couple of W T stamped 440 blocks and believe it stood for Water Tested. My best guess on your engine, is that it was an over the counter '64 MW shortblock. The lack of the 426 VMP (HC if 12.5 pistons), would have held it back from any restorer wanting it for an all out restoration, but none the less, it is a very neat piece!

That is correct it stands for water test.

WOW 10.000 grand i don't think so.!

Hello I found this motor in a charger that i bought i have pics to prove it is a max wedge this is how i found it all i have is the short block assembly if your interested PM me we can go from there i have not modified anything since i bought it
Casting number 2406730-1 pic attached
Piston number 2406648 they are all original
Rod number 2406886 pic attatched
Crank number 2406240 2 pics attached
it has the notches in the block from the factory they are all identical One pic attached i will TAKE PICS OF EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE THIS IS NO JOKE it DOES not have the original oil pan it has a miloden pan in very good shape 10k or best offer i am willing to take it to any machine shop in my area to have it verified
-Don

How Could you put a value on true power hahah its was a starting point i dont care if i was off on that, if somone really wanted it they would talk to me about it how bout the whole Car whats that worth to you
426 pictured Here Fresh 727 dana 60 71 dodge charger in primer not the paint in video it has been sanded All Im lacking is the carpet

Update Motor is not for sale at this time people seem to have lost there Haggling abilities anyone serious would State ther offer. and unlike Most People I Admire The work Dodge did Creating this monster And leading to the Rebirth of the Hemi Seems to be a unlimited supply of these motors Everywhere....... Sorry guys Buy a chevy 350 for 1500 not a 426 Dodge

Well she's all done ill get pics up soon cuz she's going up for sale. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back