• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

You've called it Webp a couple of time, but it shows as jpeg when I mouse over. What does it look like when you do that?
View attachment 1406819

Hovering over the image will display .jpeg but that's only a text description. The web developers could have it display anything they want. The best way to check is right click over the image and see if there's an option like View Image Info.

Fwiw I thumbed through my 66 final revision parts catalog and sure enough, you could buy 426 street wedge piston assemblies.

As stated earlier in the thread, there are factory references to 426s installed in C bodies before the 440 was released so it stands to reason one should be able to buy parts for them.

What we do not seem to be able to find is factory references of a 426 SW in a B body.

Research continues.....

As stated earlier in the thread, there are factory references to 426s installed in C bodies before the 440 was released so it stands to reason one should be able to buy parts for them.

What we do not seem to be able to find is factory references of a 426 SW in a B body.

Research continues.....
I’m currently talking to the Chrysler Historical place, just waiting on a response, I’ve talked to Norms place and Galen’s service, with no luck, everyone finds it interesting but doesn’t want to look into it. It’s exciting but messes with my head with how unique and weird it is.

I’m currently talking to the Chrysler Historical place, just waiting on a response, I’ve talked to Norms place and Galen’s service, with no luck, everyone finds it interesting but doesn’t want to look into it. It’s exciting but messes with my head with how unique and weird it is.

I was hoping someone else would notice and comment... this is a 699 SPECIAL ORDER car. Is the SO number 80023?

Keep digging.

699.jpg

Last edited:
Glad some quoted things, love when a new guy comes in for help and then deletes all his pictures... :poke:

Glad some quoted things, love when a new guy comes in for help and then deletes all his pictures... :poke:
That kind of blows. I was enjoying following along on this one.

I like the line of thought that this car was special ordered and the 'H' designates engine size only, not discerning between hemi and wedge along with the note on the build sheet saying 426 wedge. Seems legit to me, after seeing all the wierd crap ma mopar did over the years, why is this so hard to believe? It's an early car too, right? What's the earliest hemi car build date, Dec? Think of it this way, guy went in, asked for a 426 wedge, they said, it's not available, guy knows some exec at mopar and he pulls some strings and bingo, we end up with this vehicle here. I for one, think this is an amazing find and would like to know more.

Post #

Post #106 has everything in it, I’d it’s too blurry I’ll repost the build sheet, I was just asked to remove the picture of the vin.
Why? It's yours now, do with it as you wish. Have no clue why they would ask for it to come down, hundreds of posts of vin tags and data plates on here.

Was asked by previous owner to take them down, I do not know why, just trying not to upset anyone, but I thought the build sheet could still be seen?

Why would he request you remove the pictures? Many people do not believe in posting complete VIN's online, but this is a suspicious request.

Why would he request you remove the pictures? Many people do not believe in posting complete VIN's online, but this is a suspicious request.
I agree it did not bother me to post, but it is a close friend and I don’t want to upset him, if he says he doesn’t want it posted online, I will take it down, so that’s what I did, I apologize not trying to upset anyone.

Why? It's yours now, do with it as you wish. Have no clue why they would ask for it to come down, hundreds of posts of vin tags and data plates on here.
No clue, but it’s a close friend and I don’t want them being upset at me, I’m not trying to upset anyone, I figured it could still be seen when other people shared it so I left those and just deleted the ones I shared.

That is why this place rocks.
Was asked to delete the pictures of the VIN, will repost build sheet, but I thought it could still be seen?

And this is why boards gets so frustrating at times. People spend a lot of time researching info to give credible answers only to find out....'Sorry.'

Auto Transport Service
Back