• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 engine and manifolds

1969CoronetR/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
My 1969 Coronet R/T has a transplanted New Yorker engine in it. I put set of TTI headers on it and was told by the previous owner that the exhaust manifolds were off a 1968 (he did not specify vehicle model). Would 1968 manifolds bolt onto a 1969 440 engine? Would the manifolds be interchangeable between all B bodies and all 440 equipped cars and for what range of years? I have to take pictures of them for the date codes, but I am considering selling them to help pay for my restoration.
Thanks
Mark

68-69 383 440 HP exhaust manifolds share the same part numbers and will interchange in all 68-69 B body cars. The date codes will tell if they are actually 68 or 69 year models. You might post the part numbers to make sure they are B body manifolds. Some c body cars used the same HP passenger side manifold, but used a different drivers side.
Matt

The left bank has a casting number 2806900 and N 4 and 1167. The right bank has a casting number 2843992-1 then 1114 67. Does this mean they 1967 date coded?

Are they both for a B body as the 440 engine they were attached to was out of a New Yorker that is now in my Coronet........I am confused now?

They are not correct for a 67 GTX/RT if anyone asks. Although they will fit a 67 just fine - I'm running 68 manifolds on my 67. From memory, the pass side lower flange is rotated differently on a 67. I think TTI used to have an identification chart showing the differences on their website.

I listed them for a 1968-1969 B body 383 and 440 engines. Thanks for all the help. PM me if you would like me to link the ebay listing if you need a pair. They are incorrect date code for me and honestly would never the use manifolds even if they were correct. I have headers on my 2007 Hemi Durango along with ported cylinder heads and every vehicle I have never stays stock for long with the exception of my Mr. Norms Super Bee.

From memory, the pass side lower flange is rotated differently on a 67. [/QUOTE

I know that the 70-up HP manifold passenger side flange is mirrored with respect to the 68-69 ones. A 70 HP passenger's side manifold is a real b*tch to get installed on 68-69 RB cars with the engine in the car and the shock tower location. At least, that is my experience. And besides that, you would have to have the matching headpipe, too... Now I am curious as to what the 67 flange looks like...

SuperFly TNT

67 HP manifolds

From memory, the pass side lower flange is rotated differently on a 67.

I know that the 70-up HP manifold passenger side flange is mirrored with respect to the 68-69 ones. A 70 HP passenger's side manifold is a real b*tch to get installed on 68-69 RB cars with the engine in the car and the shock tower location. At least, that is my experience. And besides that, you would have to have the matching headpipe, too... Now I am curious as to what the 67 flange looks like...

SuperFly TNT

This is supposed to be the 67 HP manifolds?

Attachments

• 1967 hp ext manifolds.jpg
    1967 hp ext manifolds.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 416
so just to confirm the 68 and up .. hp manifolds will fit 66-67 b bodies?
im planning on using manifolds on my 383 satellite conv. (conversion from 318)

As far as I know the 67-70 HP manifolds for the B body are all the same in the way they fit in the car. There is a C body HP manifold that has more of a hump to it and a different angle flange for the header pipe but that is only the drivers side. The manifolds pictured appear to be standard B body.

Auto Transport Service
Back