• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 oil dipstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

74sundance

Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Hey guy's I'm looking for a oil dipstick tube for a 1968 440 that I put into my 1974 Satellite.I don't care if it's in need of clean up and paint or if it's ready to go.Let me know what you have...Ontario,Canada

$(KGrHqJ,!h4E+rK!jW38BQMpwZCosw~~60_35.JPG

Just the tube would be perfect.I have the one pictured above but it's cheep Chinese metal and snapped when I tried to bend it to line up the mounting hole.I'd like to reuse the billet dipstick.

Just the tube would be perfect.I have the one pictured above but it's cheep Chinese metal and snapped when I tried to bend it to line up the mounting hole.I'd like to reuse the billet dipstick.
I did the same thing.

Still looking for a tube....Most places $11.00 for a new dipstick set,$34.00 to ship to Canada what a joke!

Hey 74 Sundance, where in Ontario are you? If at all possible have your stuff shipped to CBI in Niagara Falls NY and drive over to pick it up. Then you just pay regular import duty which is significantly less than the shipping company rip off. Another option if you live a bit away is to have several items shipped and then do one big trip. Still well worth it for most people.

http://www.cbiusa.com/

Hey 74 Sundance, where in Ontario are you? If at all possible have your stuff shipped to CBI in Niagara Falls NY and drive over to pick it up. Then you just pay regular import duty which is significantly less than the shipping company rip off. Another option if you live a bit away is to have several items shipped and then do one big trip. Still well worth it for most people.

http://www.cbiusa.com/

I didn't know about that,and that makes you my new best friend lol....I'm about 1 hour west of Niagara falls,Woodstock direction Thank's!

Yes if you are that close then definitely a good option for you. The folks at CBI run a great business and they are extremely helpful,etc. Like I said, if you are going to be buying quite a few things an annual membership might be in order as it will save you money. All of the options/details are well explained on their site. If not I believe it's $5.99/ parcel. And no storage fee so really a good deal and certainly a cost savings over brokerage fees. It's 45 mins drive from my house so a great option for me. I have several friends who use their services as well and all are very happy. Good luck with your adventures. Don't forget to wave on your way by to the border:hello2:

Last edited:
As a dumb Americam...do they check your trunk when going both ways? couldn't you just have it in your car when driving back? How do they know you bought it in the states. But officer I carry parts in my car all the time. I don't want to pay no duty..sir.

lol,,,, When I bought my 74 Satellite Sundance they didn't care to check the car out at all but they did check my truck and were nice enough to rip off $300.00 I had in an envelope sitting on my seat.I didn't bother reporting it because I figured I'd have a hard time going back and forth after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes if you are that close then definitely a good option for you. The folks at CBI run a great business and they are extremely helpful,etc. Like I said, if you are going to be buying quite a few things an annual membership might be in order as it will save you money. All of the options/details are well explained on their site. If not I believe it's $5.99/ parcel. And no storage fee so really a good deal and certainly a cost savings over brokerage fees. It's 45 mins drive from my house so a great option for me. I have several friends who use their services as well and all are very happy. Good luck with your adventures. Don't forget to wave on your way by to the border:hello2:

I drive by Burlington all the time lol This week I drove by 4 times in one day going back and forth to Brampton.And twice more on Friday.I should have stopped over for lunch haha!!

- - - Updated - - -

I found a new chrome oil dip stick,chrome alt bracket kit and new header gaskets all for $50.00 from a guy in Mississauga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back