• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 rebuild - Aluminum head swap during rebuild

64plybelvwgn

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
In the process of a refresh / rebuild of a '70 440 that will return to a '65 Belvedere. Right now it has '906 heads, running a Mopar Purple cam, E-Performer intake, 750cfm Brawler, MDS ignition, 727 a/t with new convertor being built by Turbo Action.

Given the option of any supplier presently out there ( and not cast in China --- anyone check casting porosity ? )

I've been told to look at Trick Flow, Edelbrock...

The car is 80% cruise nights, but I still want to run it a few times a year at Lebanon Valley ( which is far from me . so only can go a few times, yearly, just ...because : )

Whatever heads, the rockers( new rollers likely Harland-Sharp ), cam, springs, rings, rods, oil and fuel system can and will be matched accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

cant go wrong with Eddys. use same rocker arms. check pushrod lengths. Thats my combo no issues at all

I’ve been running Edelbrock heads with Comp roller rockers for 12 years now. No problems so far.

I have Eddy RPM's on my 500" stroker with Harland Sharp rockers and no issues either. Just measure and get the correct pushrods and it'll all work well together.

I have Eddy RPM's on my 500" stroker with Harland Sharp rockers and no issues either. Just measure and get the correct pushrods and it'll all work well together.
Thanks for your reply. Looks like Eddys and Harland Sharp are the way to go. Very much appreciated.

I’ve been running Edelbrock heads with Comp roller rockers for 12 years now. No problems so far.
Thanks for your reply. looks like Eddys are the way to go ! Very much appreciated.

What is the status of the Edelbrock supply chain??

Availability for pretty much all hard parts is very hit or miss these days.

Ede and TF BBM heads have been tough to get for a while now.

Auto Transport Service
Back