• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440source polyurethane engine mounts

I used these: DynaTech Engineering - Mitymounts because i wasn't aware of the polyurethane option by then. Next time (which is hopefully not before i have access to a lift) i will use them.

I have no first hand experience but i think they are superior to the alternatives overall. Especially when it comes to holding up.
When it comes to the Dynatech/Mity Mounts i'm happy so far but i only installed them past summer so i don't know how long they will last.

Whatever you do, do not use the cheapest ones you can buy because they do not hold up.

I used mitymounts for years on my 408 W2 Dart that made 530/580, they were good but eventually the pass side failed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 440source mounts seem a lot like the Schumacher poly-loc mounts no? No experience with either but I have read few posts about poly-loc's failing.

Here’s Schumacher mounts. I wonder how the 440source mounts are constructed.

8E59FB04-79F3-4A52-A27E-CF9A106D35D4.jpeg
289DA4E0-DE1E-40FC-B46C-01E53D685105.jpeg

I also use the Mitymounts for over 2 years now, no damage to be seen on either side. (Mitymounts have something similar as the Schumachers above, right?)
It's normally the driver side that gets torn apart right from the engine tilt at load?

I had a Schumacher Poly Loc passenger side fail several years ago. I went to solid mounts after that ordeal. I have 4-speeds behind stroker motors in all my cars though.

I also use the Mitymounts for over 2 years now, no damage to be seen on either side. (Mitymounts have something similar as the Schumachers above, right?)
It's normally the driver side that gets torn apart right from the engine tilt at load?
Yes I misremembered it was the driver's side that failed on my Dart. I will say they back their product, he sent me a replacement no cost.
I'm using these in combination with a torque strap.
Mancini Racing MagMount Motor Mount Set

Same concept as the mighty mounts at half the price.
I am currently using these mag mounts. I was curious about the polyurethane to give me a 1/8" or so more clearance (thinking they don't compress like rubber) and limit the engine shaking b/c my #2 header tube was slightly contacting the inner fender. I have shimmed up the mount 1/8" and it seems to be ok now.

If the mightymounts should fail (I hope not) i'm maybe really going solid mounts next time. :D

Still tweaking the the torque strap. It's basically a little insurance in case the Mag Mount fails.

IMG_3019.jpg
IMG_3021.jpg
IMG_3018.jpg

Looks good, might need to make one for mine
Pretty basic really. Just two heim joints and and a radius rod.
I still need to punch the hole in the K Member for the bottom joint. The radius rod I ordered is 6" but a little too long. I'm waiting on a 5.5" replacement so I can center it in that portion of the k-member.
ARP stainless bolts, chromoly heim joints, T6 aluminum swedged radius rod. Hopefully it will stay together under ~650 pounds of torque.
Check out Speedway Motors or Rod End Supply depending on what you want to do..

I’ve had the 440source mounts on my mild 383 for 20+ years and 30k miles. With a TKO 600. No issues . But it appears the engine sits a little higher that the cheap oreilly mounts that broke on a moderate burn out .

Take a good look at them, if they look similar to the pics I posted, like the poly has slipped a bit, they're blown apart inside, the engine has dropped on one side or both and is constantly twisting on the mounts.

I’ve had the 440source mounts on my mild 383 for 20+ years and 30k miles. With a TKO 600. No issues . But it appears the engine sits a little higher that the cheap oreilly mounts that broke on a moderate burn out .
Good to hear, I’m looking for the engine to sit a little higher.

Auto Transport Service
Back