• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

505 Stroker Oil Pan/Pickup/Tray Setup?

You don't need the deeper windage tray if you used 2.200 rod bearings and modern rods. If you went old school then you'll need more clearance. The problem with the deeper windage tray is that it might not fit with some oil pans so you end up with a ripple effect of parts. If your shortblock is together then try a factory windage tray to see if it fits.
Thanks Andy, I did get the Summit tray made for the 4.15 crank and it fits fine. Fits with the Milidon pan good too.

Do yourself a favor. Trim the K frame. At the very least notch the flange at the inside passenger corner near the idler arm.
Doug

Do yourself a favor. Trim the K frame. At the very least notch the flange at the inside passenger corner near the idler arm.
Doug
You thinking of the earlier Bs Doug? Nothing anywhere near the K-frame on my '68. No clearance issues that I can see with the pan that will be installed either, just has a longer (toward the rear) sump than the one that's in there now.

You thinking of the earlier Bs Doug? Nothing anywhere near the K-frame on my '68. No clearance issues that I can see with the pan that will be installed either, just has a longer (toward the rear) sump than the one that's in there now.
Yes I was thinking earlier year.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back