• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

512 Stroker External Oil system question.

JackpotJim

Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
I'm using a single line external oiling set up on my 512-400 stroker with a 21215 Milodon oil pump cover. In the Milodon single line kit that is back ordered from Milodon right now the 12an line is very short and runs in a straight line directly from oil pan to oil pump cover. Since I'm building my own oil line should I build it longer and put a loop in it? I've seen this brought up in a few on line oil system discussions. Thank You!

A longer line wouldn't hurt !!

IMG_1178 (2019_05_01 16_39_04 UTC).JPG

I'm using a single line external oiling set up on my 512-400 stroker with a 21215 Milodon oil pump cover. In the Milodon single line kit that is back ordered from Milodon right now the 12an line is very short and runs in a straight line directly from oil pan to oil pump cover. Since I'm building my own oil line should I build it longer and put a loop in it? I've seen this brought up in a few on line oil system discussions. Thank You!
You will hear it both ways. They claim having the line loop higher that the pump will help prevent loss of suction after sitting. So as long as you have the room loop it higher than the pump.

Auto Transport Service
Back