• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 590 Hemi 3 Bolt General Kinetics Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Grabber

Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Used 590 hemi cam
General Kenetics
$100 obo plus shipping

origin 13618

1655570906648.png
1655570917409.png
1655570925910.png

Last edited:
I assume it's used for that price and looks? Solid or Hydraulic?

Tom
I cleaned it up some. Took a micrometer to the lobes and they all match well. Finished it off with wiping some grease on everything to keep it clean.
Maybe someone on the forum would know which cam for sure if you want to pursue it?

A .590 is a high rpm solid. Drag cam.

Edit, I assumed it was a Mopar shaft, but that might not be the case.

It looks like the lobes actually don't line up??
Could it be a hemi cam?
What are the lobe height measurements.
Tall side minus short side.

Measured the journals. The cam is a mopar BB cam.
It looks like the lobes actually don't line up??
Could it be a hemi cam?
What are the lobe height measurements.
Tall side minus short side.
I got a difference of .395

Would a hemi cam fit into a 440?
I know there is a hemi grind but I’ve never owned a hemi so I never had to buy one or compare.

Do hemi engines have a wider front journal? This one comes out and is as long as the dowel pin like you see in the photo.

Hemis have different lobe positions.
So side by side, starting with the first lobe, every other lobe should should line up exactly.
Bearing journals tell you nothing.

Sorry I meant with the 2 cams side by side. The lobe clocking should be identical

Totally different clocking. Must be a hemi cam. Now I remember at the time my buddy I was living with had a hemi engine and left the cam cause he sent the engine out. He later sold the car and left the cam.

Thank you for helping me figure this out. I had 440s and this cam was sitting there. Never occurred to me that it was a hemi cam.

Ok so now I need to look up a 590 hemi engine cam.

Again, no hemi expert, but I wonder if it's an old racer brown ss590 or something like that

Edit again, just saw the GK in your picture, maybe that's General kinetics

Again, no hemi expert, but I wonder if it's an old racer brown ss590 or something like that

Edit again, just saw the GK in your picture, maybe that's General kinetics
What little I have researched so far purple had them, isky, racer brown
People said race cam. Most likely solid lifter from what I see. It measures the same on all the lobes. Must be I figure 590/590

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back