1. 65-440

65-440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    .030 over 383, stealth heads, 9.44:1 cr ... eddy performer rpm manifold with Holley 770 no spacer ... great cold start, great hot start, great throttle response, could use a little more low end torque but doesn't take long to open right up ! ...

2. G.V.Charger

G.V.Charger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    Yeah, I went a little large there. I was set on the DP-4B, three or four weeks of frustration, trying to secure one, they almost seem to vanish before my eye's. Then you could not find one. That is when I decided to look at the Performer, with that said, there is a very clean 74 400 block sitting in my shop. Have been waiting for the right time to build a stroker out of....And that is why I went RPM, I was planning ahead, did not think there would be a detrimental effect going a little bigger for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • BSB67

BSB67 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      :thumbsup:

• Bigtime

Bigtime Well-Known Member

My Photo Garage
      Local Time:
      You are correct on all counts....I just bought an Edelbrock DP4B. I am going to use it with a 750 Edelbrock carb and eventually swap the 3.23 rear for a 4.11. I'll see how that works. The engine will operate [I think] in the 3500-4000 RPM range and that will make me as happy as a little green frog!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
      Dismiss Notice