• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62, 63, 64, 65 Clutch Pedal Assembly, differences?

matthon

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
Converting my 62 to a 4 speed.
Bought pedals, redid them, bolted in without issues.

I believe there are differences between the 4 years, and I may be missing parts.

Mine came with the upper section that turns up, red arrow.
I've seen them where this piece turns down, and I checked both the 62 and 64 FSMs and this piece turns down in the pics, and shows no additional bracket.
Either way, you can't flip it.

Mine also came with the extra bracket, outlined in blue.
Some have it, some don't.
Since you can't flip the upper section, it determines how the extra bracket mounts, flipped up or down.

If I add the extra bracket on mine, it has to point down, no problem, and it has to be between the upper section on the sides.

If the upper section turns down you can just bolt the extra bracket on top, but it has to be flipped.

So, my extra bracket ends up flush with the back of the steering column bracket, shown in white outlined in blue.

It literally becomes the back of that column bracket, right up against it, but no way to bolt them together.

I just measured my 64 which is 15" from the firewall to the column mount, and my 62 which is 17.5. That didn't help as the extra bracket is longer than 2.5".

What's the deal here, am I missing parts?
Why the different upper bracket?
What years need the extra bracket, and how is it attached in the back?

20210926_200624.jpg 20210926_204044.jpg 20210926_200758.jpg

They could probably answer some questions, over at Brewers. They have the complete change over kits, and would know yearly applications. I spoke with them at Carlisle this year, and they are a Great Bunch. I will be converting my '65, if you have extra parts that won't work on your '62, let me know.

Auto Transport Service
Back