• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Dodge Dart painted

Need some help anyone out there have some pictures of a 62 Dart with factory A/C? Need some pictures of the dash. Can't figure out where the lower r/h a/c vents mounts. Thanks
Here are some pictures of the part. This car has been fun putting back together as I bought it completely dis assembled

View attachment 221677View attachment 221678View attachment 221679

Got the answer from Joe Suchy The A/C vent assembly is for the right side of the dash. The 2" square in your hand points straight up. The vent mounts on the kick panel. There are 3 screw that hold the panel to the body and there should be 3 more holes that are approximately 3/8" that the stand-offs on the back of the vent go through.

I have air but like yours it isn't installed.....thanks for the info ,you've helped me too :hello2:

Wow that chrome on the pott metal looks awesome.....what condition was it in? Mine has slight peppering.

Here are some pictures of the part. This car has been fun putting back together as I bought it completely dis assembled

You must have enjoyed Meccano and jigsaw puzzles as a kid Rick!!

Car is looking awesome and your attention to detail is very visible, well done!!

The pot metal parts were in pretty good shape. This car was built in LA and from what I can tell it spent most of it's life in Arizona and Mexico. There was no rust on the body panels and the floor pans looked brand new. We did have to replace the trunk pan from the trunk seal leaking but other than that "I got her for her body" .

More progress on the Dart. Got the quarter panel trim on on, Driver side head light bezel on, dash assembly wired and tested ready for installation.

20141118_162822.jpg20141118_162843.jpg20141118_162936.jpg20141118_163007.jpg

Keep those pics coming ,your getting closer & closer to the finish...must be exciting?
I don't need to tell you but make sure the auto & brake cables are attaché before install ,they'd be a bugger to do otherwise.

Thanks a ton for the information going to try and print it out should be very helpful if/when I need to do some trouble shooting on the system.

Any updates Rick ? :sixpack:

Have you fired her up yet ??

Been on vacation for the last couple of weeks. Going to get back after it this coming week. Waiting on my A/C clutch from vintage air and installing the dash assembly this coming week then it will be ready to start.

Dash is in now hooking up all the wiring

20141209_154946.jpg20141209_155107.jpg20141209_155154.jpg

Good day yesterday got the Dart fired up for the first time. Sounds real nice and actually eleminated a couple of mice nests from the exhaust. Now today is clean up day and play with the tune up. I was pretty amaized that she fired right up and I had no electrical issues/fuel issues and only one minor water hose leak. All the dash gauges are working and with the cam brake in procedure of 2000 rpm for 20 minutes she never got above 165 degrees F. Maybe will be able to take it for a test run in a couple of weeks just need to install the window glass and finish up the interior. Merry Christmas to all

That sounds awesome ......you know the drill we need visual stimulation :)))

Great to hear, now you better be getting yourself a cat!

Got two cats they are house pampered cats. They once cornered a mouse in our basement and thought it was a new play toy. They took turns "keeping it company" for about two days until I had to put the mouse out of its misery. It might be time to broaden their horizon and bring them out to the shop and let them try to earn their keep. Thanks for the suggestion.

Auto Transport Service
Back