• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 dodge vacuum heater connection hose replacement

62maxx

Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am in the midst of replacing the main vacuum feed hose to the connector. How do you remove the old hose without breaking anything. Is it a female fitting and you pull the old hose out and put in the new one or is there a male nipple inside there and you try to fit it on that way? I pulled pretty hard on the hose to remove it and it won't budge or rotate so I figured to ask. THANKS in advance!

62 vacuum heater1.jpg 62 vacuum heater2.jpg 62 vacuum heater3.jpg

The vacuum hose is retained in that gang connector by some kind of adhesive. If that little stub is still secure in the connector just get a 1/8" connector and connect a hose to the stub. If that little stub is loose in the connector either RTV a hose in there that will then push onto the switch nipples (don't get rtv inside the hose) OR (and I have seen this) hog that one hole out a little, push your vacuum hose thru it to connect to the nipple, and then push the connector on to the other nipples. BE CAREFUL WITH THE NIPPLES..

The vacuum hose is retained in that gang connector by some kind of adhesive. If that little stub is still secure in the connector just get a 1/8" connector and connect a hose to the stub. If that little stub is loose in the connector either RTV a hose in there that will then push onto the switch nipples (don't get rtv inside the hose) OR (and I have seen this) hog that one hole out a little, push your vacuum hose thru it to connect to the nipple, and then push the connector on to the other nipples. BE CAREFUL WITH THE NIPPLES..

THANKS!

IF that stub is secure I would suggest connecting a vacuum hose to it with a 1/8" vacuum connector. That is exactly what we did. If you decide to glue in a new hose get the hole JUST big enough to slide the new hose in and then put a FILM (not a glob) of RTV ON THE HOSE and push it in. After the RTV dries make sure you can blow air through the hose.

Auto Transport Service
Back