• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

62 Polara 500 H.P. Exh. manifold down pipes (HELP)

62maxx

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
Greetings!

I have looked all over (Jegs, Summit, ect.) for correct fitting down pipes for my 62 Polara. Here's the deal: I have a 1971-383 in the car. I just bought a set of 1968-69 H.P. Exhaust manifolds to replace some rotted old headers on it and I would like to hopefully find a set of down pipes to bolt on and begin to build the exhaust system all the way back to the rear bumper. If someone has the "magic formula" for this, please send me pics, part numbers (for mufflers) and/or any company that has this available. I would like to stay at 2.5" O.D. pipe all the way back.

Thank you very much in advance!

R/T

TTI will make you custom pipes if you supply them info of car its going on and the casting numbers of the manifolds you are using, plus exhaust size you want. The downside is that they are $$$$. I am facing the same same dilemma with the 440 in my '64 Polara, using stock '64 manifolds. Because I live up here in Canada, it becomes doubly expensive with exchange on Ca. $, shipping, brokerage, and taxes. I am likely going to have a local shop make up a set for me.

I put a 2-1/2" dual exhaust from TTI on my early B Body. Used the HP manifolds. They just need the casting numbers from both manifolds, and will make the down pipes to fit.
DSC00876.JPG
DSC00877.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back