• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63-65 b body drip rail clips

Boogy1

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone bought these clips from rtspecialties. I am wondering if they are correct. The picture looks a little different than the ones that were factory on my dodge. Thanks for any help

Screenshot_20210928-085825_Chrome.jpg

They don't work , at least not for me. If you look at how the center piece of roof rail trim is held on it is captured by the front and rear pieces, it can't really go anywhere. I put some silicone adhesive on the face of the drip rail , it ain't going anywhere.

They don't work , at least not for me. If you look at how the center piece of roof rail trim is held on it is captured by the front and rear pieces, it can't really go anywhere. I put some silicone adhesive on the face of the drip rail , it ain't going anywhere.
Do you know if the body molding clips they sell are correct for a 64 dodge 440?
Screenshot_20210916-040218_Google.jpg

I used them (drilled holes in my roof) but, they needed much modification. In retrospect I think post #2 is on the right track but, I might use 3M black WS adhesive in lieu of silicone. I only say this because I don't know how the silicone reacts with fresh paint?
Mike

I used them (drilled holes in my roof) but, they needed much modification. In retrospect I think post #2 is on the right track but, I might use 3M black WS adhesive in lieu of silicone. I only say this because I don't know how the silicone reacts with fresh paint?
Mike
Thank you

Do you know if the body molding clips they sell are correct for a 64 dodge 440?View attachment 1172725
I bought the plastic clips for both the side molding on a 64' Polara 500 ( wide & the narrow ones your'e showing) Again a big waste of money. The wider ones shaped like a C where too narrow to grab the molding properly, narrower than the old stock ones. The little ones i found to be a real P.I.T.A. to get the barrel expander in. I used metal clips i got off Amazon, e bay and they worked much better with a positive hold on the car and the molding. Let me see if i can dig up the part numbers of the clips that i bought.

The larger molding I used the cut / clip to fit Auveco # 19378 and the 1/2" wide ones i used Auveco #19626 and snipped the spring clip part off which makes the body of the clip exactly 1/2" and will slid into the molding. The same company also makes a smaller clip of the same style that can be used for the hood edge molding and the two trunk lid moldings on a Polara/500 ,can't find the part number for the 5/16" ones. These clips use a 10-24 thread, you can get a box of 100 nylon lock nuts pretty cheap on the web, small rubber washers if you think you need them can be had also. If you still have any of the original ones save a couple because you'll need to use them on the front fender due to one on each side going into the brace and can't be accessed from behind and two on each side over top of the wheel houses where it's almost impossible to reach.

Last edited:
The larger molding I used the cut / clip to fit Auveco # 19378 and the 1/2" wide ones i used Auveco #19626 and snipped the spring clip part off which makes the body of the clip exactly 1/2" and will slid into the molding. The same company also makes a smaller clip of the same style that can be used for the hood edge molding and the two trunk lid moldings on a Polara/500 ,can't find the part number for the 5/16" ones. These clips use a 10-24 thread, you can get a box of 100 nylon lock nuts pretty cheap on the web, small rubber washers if you think you need them can be had also. If you still have any of the original ones save a couple because you'll need to use them on the front fender due to one on each side going into the brace and can't be accessed from behind and two on each side over top of the wheel houses where it's almost impossible to reach.
Thank you very much

Auto Transport Service
Back