• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 dodge headlight surrounds

crossram 426

Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
Who makes these nowadays? special-t? or is there someone else? cheers in advance

if you mean the headlight rings I don't know of anyone repoping them in aluminum but I have seen some made out of fiberglass. Sled City Fiberglass has them. Then you would have to get them plated. The other choice is to watch for some originals for sale on the web. Good luck.

They are available, from several vendors I believe. I picked up a set at Carlisle this past July from Joe Suchy. His e-mail is [email protected] Tip a "Cold One" Mate...

This is Larry at Sled City Fiberglass. Yes we make the 63 Dodge headlight surrounds, or rings as they have also been called. They are $100 a set and you do not plate them you rattle can spray paint some silver. They are a big seller and have had no complaints. As for the repops, made out of aluminum, they usually sell for $600 to $900, and yes they are available. For that 63 Dodge, I make lower front valances, doors, hoods, trunks, fenders, bumpers, and a 64-65 Dodge / Plymouth dash board that can be modified to fit the 62-63 B-bodies.

Post a pic of yours, they might be able to be fixed.

Let me toss this into the ring. (pun intended) If you have the outer headlight ring from a 64 B-body Dodge, with a little grinding on the backside, it will fit the fender of a 63 Dodge. I'm talking the chrome diecast ring around the (64) headlight, not the C-ring on fender. I've sold a few sets of them and guys are happy with the results. Gives you another option, and they look good.

Last edited:
Mine were pretty hammered. Lots of dents and dings.
I used Easy Off oven cleaner to remove the anodizing and gently hammered them back into shape, wet sanded and polished.

20161215_184803.jpg

Here's what you can do with the 64 rings. You can still find these with nice chrome. I still have a few extra sets.
Compare to the pic above this post, these are an easy alternative
IMG_2611.JPG

Last edited:
Fits the round edges of the fender like it was made for it. Just grind off these three tabs.

IMG_2614.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back