• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Dodge Polara Retirement ride.

I also would like to go to my old high school and do a burnout.......but they tore it down and built a post office. :mob: :welcome:

My old high school is gone too. Now low income housing.
Same street though. Can still do a burn out.

Lol, I did enough burnouts in HS with my GTO. Our vice-principal nicknamed "Meatball" was a guy few (having enough brains) wanted to mess around with. I got one of a few lessons with this after spotting him looking at me...in the middle of a burnout...that then became the end of the burnout when I spotted his huge bald head among the spectators...

Welcome aboard .. Those maxies were some neat cars! I love them, nice car! Enjoy your retirement one mile or quarter mile at a time!
Oh almost forgot congrats on retirement too !
Were you air crew? Looking at your avatar. I was a Med Evac door gunner.

It was dad that served.. he never said anything about med evac. I was in my 20s when he started talking a little about it. The sad thing is he now has dementia sitting in pretty hard over top of a severe stroke from 20 years ago. I seen a picture of him and crew once. He was fresh out of high school with his first new car and off he went. I put that pic up because it reminds me of what he dealt with as young man and it reminds me my problems aren’t squat. If he survived it I can do anything I want. Also thank you for serving. That was not his chopper in the avatar, I never asked to see the pics after that one time.

^^^^ Long story short, when we have parent that went thru Hell in wars (I am old and my dad was old when I was born in '48) we many times see first hand how it an affect those. WW11 and Korea an the Marines, my dad spoke of it like twice in my lifetime. Two years out of the service, he flipped out. I was 7.
Too many people, that have never seen war first hand.... neglect our vets. Including our gov.ment!
Anyway to the OP congrats !!!!

Congrats dude.
I have ALWAYS had a soft spot for a 1963 Dodge , almost bought one many years ago but car sold before I could get money in hand.
Similar here. Retirement was supposed to be this past Sept. Decided to push it back till DEC of 2022 ( money / promotion was to good to turn down )

I bought my dream car as my retirement to me gift . Its a 1966 Satellite in black with red interior. Hemi Auto. Life is good.

20201025_124513.jpg

Congrats dude.

Similar here. Retirement was supposed to be this past Sept. Decided to push it back till DEC of 2022 ( money / promotion was to good to turn down )

I bought my dream car as my retirement to me gift . Its a 1966 Satellite in black with red interior. Hemi Auto. Life is good.

View attachment 1198479
Life is EXTREMELY good! Nice Hemi car. When I retired, the two guys I worked with bought me a Hemi gift. 1/18 scale Ronnie Sox 1965 AWB Belvedere die cast. Not quite the same, but appreciated very much.

Sooooo I got my car back from the trans shop today. I had asked for a nice street strip trans with a nice converter. What I ended up with is a Billet steel hub, extra plates, wider band, reverse pattern manual shift valve body all rated to 1500 hp. Art said it was the way he built his blown A F/X transmissions. Oh yeah it has a street friendly 11 inch 3000 stall converter. They made me a heavy duty driveshaft and a external cooler. R&R, parts and labor was 4k. It drives nice. Not too harsh unless you really get on it. Been a long time since I had a Manual slush box. Question. I cant find a fender tag on this thing anywhere. Got any ideas on where I might look thats not obvious?

The motor rattles like a box o rocks when you get on it. I kept retarding it on the drive home. This morning I checked the carb number. A 1406 Eddy 600 cfm economy model on the RPM intake. Rather than mess with the tuning I bought a 750 DP Holley. It will make a better street carb for a 440. I'll get that on tomorrow along with the Points eliminator kit. Set the timing with a light and run a compression test to check cranking pressures. The PO had no idea on what cam or pistons it has in it when the shop rebuilt it.

I cant find a fender tag on this thing anywhere. Got any ideas on where I might look thats not obvious?

Only one place for it and that's on top of the driver's side inner fender. Two small screw holes would be there if the tag/plate is missing.
engine.JPG

Spent the afternoon doing much needed upgrades. Got the Petronix installed. The old points were over lubed and crispy. Also installed a Holley 750 DP. Starts with the touch of the key now. Tomorrow i'll drag out the timing light and vacuum guage to set the timing and pick the power valves. Then i can start jettimg it. I got to jack it up and spend time under it. Rear springs are S curved. like its being launched with no bars. So now do i get the SS springs or the Caltracs splits. I'm leaning toward the splits but need some more informed opinions.

Congrats dude.
I have ALWAYS had a soft spot for a 1963 Dodge , almost bought one many years ago but car sold before I could get money in hand.

View attachment 1198479
Love that red interior.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back