• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Plymouth Bench to Buckets location

potze426

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
I am going from a bench seat to buckets on my 63 Fury using 63 sport fury buckets. I am having a problem locating the extra mounting holes (by the tunnel). Is it possible for someone to show me pictures of that section of floor (Sport Fury) or better yet give me a factory measurement for a floor starting point on any one of the risers from a Sport Fury. Thanks, Tom.

I converted my Fury to a Sport Fury. If I remember correctly, the outboard studs on the bucket seat brackets matched the existing holes left from the bench seat. I marked the location where the inboard studs hit the floor and drilled holes there. The cars equipped with bucket seats from the factory had additional supports in the floor where the inboard bolts go through the floor. I didn't add anything for support and the seats seem sturdy enough.

Correct, having done same thing some years ago the outboard holes match fine, I had a buddy tack-weld in the inboard brackets as you can see in the pic I took about a month ago while dyna matting the floor. I can't remember where I got the brackets but got them from someone and maybe someone on the forum could have them. Suppose they can be fabricated easy enough. Have to work off the bucket seat mounts for inboard hole location jus squaring up to the outboard holes...

Dyno pic1.jpg

I converted my Fury to a Sport Fury. If I remember correctly, the outboard studs on the bucket seat brackets matched the existing holes left from the bench seat. I marked the location where the inboard studs hit the floor and drilled holes there. The cars equipped with bucket seats from the factory had additional supports in the floor where the inboard bolts go through the floor. I didn't add anything for support and the seats seem sturdy enough.
Here are a couple pics. The dimension from the rear floor seam to the 1st hole is 10 1/2". Center to center on the inside holes is 10 1/4". Center to center width wise is 17 1/4" measuring from the center of the slot. My car is a 63 Polara 500.

20170911_104430_resized.jpg 20170911_104332_resized.jpg

Forgot to say when I did this, the hump isn't centered perfectly between the buckets as I'm working on a modified console install now. It seats closer to the right seat than the left but fits alright. Another member sent me photos of his console and see his is the same way. I gather the hump isn't in the center as it is.

Forgot to say when I did this, the hump isn't centered perfectly between the buckets as I'm working on a modified console install now. It seats closer to the right seat than the left but fits alright. Another member sent me photos of his console and see his is the same way. I gather the hump isn't in the center as it is.

Thanks Rick, This will be useful information in regards to the inboard holes and the inboard brackets. Tom

Ron, Thanks for your help. Your input will be useful in the over all endeavor to pin point those inboard holes. Tom.

Here are a couple pics. The dimension from the rear floor seam to the 1st hole is 10 1/2". Center to center on the inside holes is 10 1/4". Center to center width wise is 17 1/4" measuring from the center of the slot. My car is a 63 Polara 500.

View attachment 513483 View attachment 513484
FBS You have contributed a lot of useful information in locating those in board holes along with Ron and fbs63 Thanks, All. Tom.

Auto Transport Service
Back