• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

63 Savoy rocker panels.

Wallus57

Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm deconstructing all of the rodent hotels in my Savoy. We just bought the car after it sat in a garage since 1976! And I'm serious, these things were 5 star units lol. Anyway my question is about some nesting I found behind the kick panels. Is it possible for them to get into the rocker panels from there. I'd hate to think that they can but they ar able to squeeze into tiny places. Any info appreciated. Thanks,Wally

Check the frame rails. Especially by the K frame. Never seen a nest in the rockers. Above the hradliner is another prime spot.
Doug

As Doug said, frame rails and headliner are prime locations!

Hi folks. I'm deconstructing all of the rodent hotels in my Savoy. We just bought the car after it sat in a garage since 1976! And I'm serious, these things were 5 star units lol. Anyway my question is about some nesting I found behind the kick panels. Is it possible for them to get into the rocker panels from there. I'd hate to think that they can but they ar able to squeeze into tiny places. Any info appreciated. Thanks,Wally
If you are taking the car apart, the very front of the rocker (Behind the fender) should have a drain plug in it you can pop that and see down the rocker lengthwise.. (at least in my 62) I just did mine last night and the front of the drivers rocker was PACKED with cotton batting from the seats... ended up cutting the front of the rocker off and cleaning it out/rustproofing.. BUT.. my car had big enough holes in the back of the rockers that a mouse or whatever could get in. I don't think the rockers are accessible if you don't have a rust hole big enough.

P.S. you should be able to access that hole with the fender on by removing the splash shield (i assume the 63 has them also)

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back