• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Fury Convertible Top

pcavazos

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
What's up y'all,
I am working on restoring my '64 Sport Fury 383 convertible. Hardest thing for me thus far has been finding a convertible top from that fits the car. Anyone have any guidance? What other B-Bodies shared the same convertible top frame?

I bought a new top from Legendary Interiors years ago when restoring my 1964 Polara 500. It looked very good after installation, and installer had no complaints with fit. Classic Industries also lists tops in their catalogue. 1964 Fury, 1964 Polara, 1965 Satellite, 1965 Coronet convertible tops are all the same. The hard part of top replacement is having a good front weatherstrip retainer. This is a sheet metal piece that is quite often rotted out because water sits under the front top bow. It has never been reproduced because of its convoluted shape.

09.jpg

10.jpg

22.jpg

12.jpg

I bought a new top from Legendary Interiors years ago when restoring my 1964 Polara 500. It looked very good after installation, and installer had no complaints with fit. Classic Industries also lists tops in their catalogue. 1964 Fury, 1964 Polara, 1965 Satellite, 1965 Coronet convertible tops are all the same. The hard part of top replacement is having a good front weatherstrip retainer. This is a sheet metal piece that is quite often rotted out because water sits under the front top bow. It has never been reproduced because of its convoluted shape.

View attachment 1313526

View attachment 1313527

View attachment 1313529

View attachment 1313530
Your car looks just like the one that I had in the late ‘70’s. Mine was originally from California and had power windows and a factory AM/FM. I bought it with a blown motor and replaced it with a 383 2 barrel. I had about $1,000 invested in it between the car, motor, new top and exhaust.

Your car looks just like the one that I had in the late ‘70’s. Mine was originally from California and had power windows and a factory AM/FM. I bought it with a blown motor and replaced it with a 383 2 barrel. I had about $1,000 invested in it between the car, motor, new top and exhaust.
Mine came out of Georgia originally. I found it as a complete running, driving car with 383, 2 barrel at a swap meet in Barrie, Ontario. I paid $2300.00 for it in 1980. It had a crappy paint job and pretty well everything needed refreshing, but it was complete, solid, and drove.

Auto Transport Service
Back