• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Only

I’d put my money on very early. The vast majority are the red center. If we figure they made ‘64s for 11 months, is one out of every 11 on ebay black? Maybe, not many more than that. (Edit-just checked 3:34) Probably ran into a manufacturing issue and bailed out quickly. That adds up to September, maybe October. The Motor Trend article was January so they must have tested two months before, red by then.

Last edited:
I'm with you Nate....waaaay more red domes out here than black by a wide margin...

These puppies came in today.....convertible belt moldings

20210729_175615.jpg 20210729_175637.jpg

I have a question for any of you early b experts. You can see in this picture that the inner headlight bezel appears to be painted silver on the section nearest to the light bulb and of course chrome everywhere else, is this how they came from the factory?. My inner light bezels have decent original chrome but it's not great where this one is painted silver. So did the factory chrome all of it and go back and paint this section or was this car touched up due to the chrome being a little rough such as mine is?

Love to see the difference if you can post em?

I have a question for any of you early b experts. You can see in this picture that the inner headlight bezel appears to be painted silver on the section nearest to the light bulb and of course chrome everywhere else, is this how they came from the factory?. My inner light bezels have decent original chrome but it's not great where this one is painted silver. So did the factory chrome all of it and go back and paint this section or was this car touched up due to the chrome being a little rough such as mine is?

That particular 64 Polara vert I posted is an original low mile survivor in all area's so I would say yes.

I have a complete set for sale for 63 Plymouth cars

The set I removed from my 64 SF car are in great condition..PG Classic reproduction..I posted them for sale a few weeks ago here.

These were painted silver at the factory ( or supplier ). I have used Krylon Dull Aluminum for this.

These were painted silver at the factory ( or supplier ). I have used Krylon Dull Aluminum for this.
That's great news for me! The last batch of pot metal parts i had chromed put a hurting on me. Thanks for the info.

That's great news for me! The last batch of pot metal parts i had chromed put a hurting on me. Thanks for the info.

It's always good when you can coat instead of chrome! $$$

R&D finishing in Elizabethton ,TN for pot metal Plating and Tri-city Plating for regular chrome also in Elizabethton

Gotcha...Tri- City seems to have a good rep..

The set I removed from my 64 SF car are in great condition..PG Classic reproduction..I posted them for sale a few weeks ago here.
Are u saying they are reproduced? I really find that hard to believe, because there would be very few people needing them.

Auto Transport Service
Back