• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'64 plymouth Bel brake lite switch

barbee6043

Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score
I have never had this situation. FSM says a pink wire from fuse box to headhead lite switch...and another pink wire goes to headlite switch. ONLY pink wire I have is double pink wires going into a single terminal. One of those wires test hot and the other not. I can not find another pink wire there.
Seems like I recall all the other Mopars I have had used a pink and a white wire for the brake lite switch.

Any help will be appeciated!

Mymopar .com has your schematic free. Just used it for a 63 Belvedere. The car is gone or I would look at it for you.

Pink goes from the fuse block to the brake switch. White goes from the brake switch to the turn signal switch. Pink also is used for all the interior lights so it can go to the headlight switch. But in your case for brake lights the fuse to the brake switch should be powering up. If not trace it to the fuse block.

Pink goes from the fuse block to the brake switch. White goes from the brake switch to the turn signal switch. Pink also is used for all the interior lights so it can go to the headlight switch. But in your case for brake lights the fuse to the brake switch should be powering up. If not trace it to the fuse block.
Yes I do have the FSM. I can't find that usual white wire that is always there. Maybe the PO that worked on it, destoyed it. I will kep on looking!!
My FSM shows the pink wire from fuse box to brake lite switch then a pink wire from the brake lite swith to headlite switch! Dunno!! LIke said I alway thought the second wire was white!
Thanks

I think everyone is saying the same thing.

3 wires at the stop light switch, 2 pinks together, 1 separate white.

If you have the double pink you just need a white wire from the directional signal switch to the stop light switch.

Pink from fuse box to stop light switch, spliced with it is another pink wire going to the headlight switch.
In the same terminal, next to the double pink, is a white wire going to the directional signal switch.

The pink wire to the headlight switch has another pink wire spliced with it at the headlight switch, that other pink wire goes off to the dome light.

I think everyone is saying the same thing.

3 wires at the stop light switch, 2 pinks together, 1 separate white.

If you have the double pink you just need a white wire from the directional signal switch to the stop light switch.

Pink from fuse box to stop light switch, spliced with it is another pink wire going to the headlight switch.
In the same terminal, next to the double pink, is a white wire going to the directional signal switch.

The pink wire to the headlight switch has another pink wire spliced with it at the headlight switch, that other pink wire goes off to the dome light.
Yes I see it now and understand that double pink wire. I also misred the other brake lite wire as being pink instead of white!! I will continue to track down the white wire.'
I have owned a ton of old mopars but i have forget hal what I did know! This is first car that these two brake lite wires were not right there dangling always because the switch was sticking and wire nt hooked to it!
Thanks again all!

Thanks! I got brake and headlite/tail lites. I found the white wire it had over spray on it and I guess what was a quick connect. I have to go in the column as the lever is just floating around.
I live in the Texas sticks and only about 1% of the drivers here use turn signals anyway!! They just slow down to 85 and turn!!

Auto Transport Service
Back