• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 Polara 50th anniversary edition

dammstrate

Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
I am looking at a 1964 claimed 50th anniversary Polara 500 with a 426 street wedge, auto. Any idea about how many of these would have been made?
I see lots of posts about 1964 426 street wedge with 4 speed, but nothing about this one. Owner has a Chyrsler Registry letter indicating (screen shot
below). But it doesn't explicitely say only 12 total were ever built, just in some sequence. Comments?
1693787234484.png

The steering wheel of all 1964 Dodges were marked as
”1914 - 1964 Golden Anniversary” but not all 1964 Dodges are Golden Anniversary models. The Golden Anniversary models were painted a special shade of gold. If the car doesn’t have the ZZ-1 as the paint code on the fender tag it’s not a Golden Anniversary model. With that said if it sill has the 426 Street Wedge in it I wouldn’t pass on it. FYI, the 426 Street Wedge came with chrone valve covers and a chrome air cleaner.

Last edited:
426 Street Wedge cars also came with front sway bar and 11" brakes.

I am looking at a 1964 claimed 50th anniversary Polara 500 with a 426 street wedge, auto. Any idea about how many of these would have been made?
I see lots of posts about 1964 426 street wedge with 4 speed, but nothing about this one. Owner has a Chyrsler Registry letter indicating (screen shot
below). But it doesn't explicitely say only 12 total were ever built, just in some sequence. Comments?
View attachment 1520064
The screen shot above looks to be from Galin Govier and the number 12 indicates that he has 12 cars on his list not that they only built 12 cars total.

The fender tag on my car had 14 stamped under columns “A” and “B” but it was a Lynch Road built car.

The car listed above should show 14 stamped under columns “G“ and “R” since it was a Hamtramck built car.

View attachment 1520064
The screen shot above looks to be from Galin Govier and the number 12 indicates that he has 12 cars on his list not that they only built 12 cars total.

The fender tag on my car had 14 stamped under columns “A” and “B” but it was a Lynch Road built car.

The car listed above should show 14 stamped under columns “G“ and “R” since it was a Hamtramck built car.
I see in Galen's book that there are no production figures for that car. Just zeros.

Looking in the Option code book. Anniversary Gold Metallic paint was a code Z but I see Anniversary cars all gold and gold with a white top. Here's a link to the other thread. 50th Anniversary

I'm not finding a separate option code for "Anniversary" cars though.

Dodge started building cars in 1914 + 50 years = 1964 = Golden Anniversary. All 1964 Dodges were regarded as Golden Anniversary cars, as noted on horn button, regardless of colour. To further commemorate this Anniversary, Dodge painted some of the cars code Z Anniversary Gold Metallic. This was a Dodge-only colour for 1964. I used to have a Polara 500 convertible in this shade.

12.jpg

08.jpg

What signifies that it’s a “Golden Anniversary“ model?

Because it's a 1964 Dodge.

Dodge started building cars in 1914 + 50 years = 1964 = Golden Anniversary. All 1964 Dodges were regarded as Golden Anniversary cars, as noted on horn button, regardless of colour. To further commemorate this Anniversary, Dodge painted some of the cars code Z Anniversary Gold Metallic. This was a Dodge-only colour for 1964. I used to have a Polara 500 convertible in this shade.

View attachment 1520578

View attachment 1520579

Correct

20230904_153152.jpg

20230904_163104.jpg

View attachment 1520578

View attachment 1520579
I owned a twin to this car back in the ‘80’s. It was a 383 automatic, factory AM/FM, power top, power brakes, power steering and power windows. I lived in Syracuse NY then but the car was from California and had zero rust. It had a seized motor and was setting in the back of a small used car dealership. I think that I had about $1000 into it including the car, replacement engine, new top and new exhaust. Stupid me I sold it to my car dealer brother in law who painted it red along with doing the interior over in cheap material. The last that I knew it was rusted out pretty bad.

I owned a twin to this car back in the ‘80’s. It was a 383 automatic, factory AM/FM, power top, power brakes, power steering and power windows. I lived in Syracuse NY then but the car was from California and had zero rust. It had a seized motor and was setting in the back of a small used car dealership. I think that I had about $1000 into it including the car, replacement engine, new top and new exhaust. Stupid me I sold it to my car dealer brother in law who painted it red along with doing the interior over in cheap material. The last that I knew it was rusted out pretty bad.

I have a 1964 Dodge Polara 500. The horn button says golden anniversary etc in gold and there is gold piping on the seats. It is mostly original with black interior and painted red with a color code 99. The only thing that is not original is the brakes.

Auto Transport Service
Back