• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Belvedere 273 power steering pump pics please.

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Like an idiot, I didn't take pics of how the power steering pump mounts. Can I get some good clear pics of 273 power steering pump mountings on the engine?
Thanks all.

Let me know if you need more.

3B9AAFF0-15F2-4A00-93A0-631EF7BCC3A4.jpeg

You do have to retain the early cast water pump for the power steering mounts on the early B Body pumps...
Sometimes guys install later 360's or something and use the aluminum water pump...it works fine for manual steering but not power...
You can swap the pump but then the dreaded timing marks behind the pump exit and the difference in the size of the intake bypass hose problems arise...

You do have to retain the early cast water pump for the power steering mounts on the early B Body pumps...
Sometimes guys install later 360's or something and use the aluminum water pump...it works fine for manual steering but not power...
You can swap the pump but then the dreaded timing marks behind the pump exit and the difference in the size of the intake bypass hose problems arise...
Yes, I installed the older cast water pump. Everything lined up fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back