• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 Coronet Grille

Yeah, it does seem that way and all I wanted to do was save guys some coin and make some money while passing the time at home.

not looking for a trade secret..that is evident, it's the hand polishing...but after the cleaning are you clear coating these to protect against oxidation? or is it getting anodized? Lots of work there..it shows...

I don't put anything on after polishing. A good coat of wax will protect it. After my 64 Dodge ss grille has been on my car for 6 years and I've polished it maybe twice.

Working on another 65 coronet grille. I will update as progress continues, then will list it in the for sale section.

I have done a lot of polishing and my hat's off to you, nice work. The paint work looks very nice too. Have you ever done a set of the dodge dog dish caps with the red rings on them?
Wayne

I sure haven't, but doing those wouldn't be any more/less difficult that all the grilles that I've done. You got something in mind?

Finished the center grille for a 65 Coronet, in process of masking off the pass. side headlight bezel for paint. Drivers side still needs some polishing then it will be ready for paint. The complete grille should be ready early next week and will be listed in the for sale section.

Hope to get pics up tonight of the grille, it's finished. Will list it in the for sale section.

She was too tired last night, and got up early, so hopefully today pics will be loaded up.

Pending sale to DagoMike....haven't even posted it for sale yet!

Sold to dagomike!!

Finished 65 grill w bezels 001.jpgFinished 65 grill w bezels 002.jpgFinished 65 grill w bezels 003.jpgFinished 65 grill w bezels 004.jpg
Wanted to thank Zack again and thought everyone might want to see some photos of the finished product

Glad ya like it. Break is now over, get back to wrenching, lol!!

Curious what all you're using if it's not a "trade secret". LOL!

I strip with heavy duty Easy Off to remove the anodizing.

Knock out all the little dents and dings with hammer, dolly and assorted screwdrivers covered with layers of masking tape.

Wet sand with finer and finer wet or dry sandpaper.

Polish by hand with a micro-fiber towel and Mothers aluminum polish.

I've only done '63 grilles up to this point but looking at possibly doing a '65.

Thanks for the info 5.7 and 330. I have my 67 trim to do while snow is burying us here in Vermont this winter. This gives me a lot less research to do beforehand. Thanks!
BIZ.

Auto Transport Service
Back