• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 coronet oil relocation location

ram250098

Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
I was getting ready to put my oil filter relocation kit in the 383 Coronet. The best place I can see to keep the hoses as straight and as short as possible is right in front of the original filter location just under the rad cradle. Has anyone put it anywhere other than there.
Pics would be great.
Thanks
AL

I'm curious why you would relocate the oil filter.

I just picked up this car. I has a 383 from a 69 doner. For some reason the oil filter extends into the lower rad hose and restricts the flow.
AL

I originally had the same problem with my big block transplant. The small block radiator has a lower fitting that has to be moved over a bit. I had that done at a local radiator shop. Later found a big block radiator that I now use. There are really short filters available if you want to keep your present cooling system.

I put a dual remote filter in the left front wheelwell with the hoses going through the exsisting opening covered by the rubber flap.:headbang:

Attachments

• 7.12.12 (2).jpg
    7.12.12 (2).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 185
Nice, great spot, but rooked again that is where my air filters are. I am leaning towards mouting in front of the exsisting filter but then it is quite visable under the bumper..might look cool ...might not *G*
AL

Attachments

• 65 Coronet 009.jpg
    65 Coronet 009.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 164
I'm curious why you would relocate the oil filter.
I relocated mine because of the small 3" oil filter gets clogged up very fast and doesn't flow. I use a wix 1" oil hole and 7" inches long with a 14 micron rating to really clean the oil. That with the T6 oil I can go 10,000 miles on the oil and filter change if I want.

I relocated mine because of the small 3" oil filter gets clogged up very fast and doesn't flow. I use a wix 1" oil hole and 7" inches long with a 14 micron rating to really clean the oil. That with the T6 oil I can go 10,000 miles on the oil and filter change if I want.
That's a good filter for sure but I would not go 10K.

I'll be doing mine shortly. I was thinking of mounting the filter housing to the side of the frame rail right behind the rad support (below the battery). I definitely want the filters hanging down and I don't want them any higher than stock (or they'll possibly drain back)

i just switched to the k&p engineering s15 SS oil filter..after **** canning my remote oil system with way to many hoses/fittings that could break, etc. changing radiatore to a crossflow allowed me to do this,,all parts coming in this week.

Product Details​

**Lifetime oil filter: Never change your filter again, just wash and reuse**
Stainless steel filtration is not a new technology but is quickly gaining popularity in the automotive segment. With the ability to filter down as small as a paper filter element with the ability to be washed and reused!
The K&P Engineering filter element is made from medical grade, type 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth to provide unmatched protection against oil contamination and resultant engine damage. A one inch square of this material flows an incredible 1.9 gallons of oil per minute at only 1 PSI pump pressure. The twist lock design assures positive filter element placement and allows for easy disassembly, inspection, and cleaning. The quad-ring gasket doubles the seal between the filter and the engine. Finally, the filter housing is carved out of solid 6061-T6 billet aluminum, which not only looks amazing but aids in dissipating heat.
Features:
  • Consistent filtering across entire filter surface
  • Superior ASTMF316 filtration performance
  • 7 times the flow of comparable paper oil filters
  • Magnetic Prefiltering
  • Billet aluminum filter case doubles as an oil cooler
  • Progressive rate bypass combined with high flow characteristics of the filter media avoids unfiltered oil bypassing the filter during cold startup and high rpm
  • No more cutting apart messy paper filters for trapped debris inspection
  • Proven in Motorsports, Military and Aerospace applications for years
Note:
  • The quad ring gasket normally lasts between 2-6 oil changes. Because of it's unique design, the quad ring gasket can be flipped over to extend it's life. When a replacement is necessary, please see ES3514764.
  • Replacement filter element available as ES4338287
  • flows 57 GPM.
  • great on cold start up, instant oil pressure.

I just hate the mess of changing horizontal filters !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back