• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 fuse block mounting location

BigFlo

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
I’ve searched the forums and haven’t found this. I removed my 65 Belvedere interior wire harness long ago and did not get a picture of how / where the original fuse box mounted.
Anyone have a picture handy?

Would the fuse block be mounted somewhere under the dash? I know 1967 b body fuse block location, might be samey same for '65 ?

Yes. I believe it is supposed to go right above the trans tunnel under the dash, but I can’t figure what it mounts to. The heater box is right there. Maybe it needs a bracket that I’ve got stashed somewhere else - don’t know.

Here is a picture of one from a 65 Bel II dash I had in the garage. As you can see it is close to the ash tray. Measured from the steering column cut out. Let me know if you need another.
65 fuse block.jpg

Ok - so it mounts directly to the dash. That didn’t look right but makes sense. Been a long time since I removed it. Thanks!

Just one phillips head screw holds it in place

Auto Transport Service
Back