• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

65 hardtop weatherstrip routing?

The Garaj Mahal

Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I am trying to put together a 65 Satellite 2 door hardtop from several boxes. I am stuck on how the roof rail weatherstrip is installed. I have the service manual but the picture is not specific.
  1. Does it start at the bottom of A pillar like many other cars?
  2. Is there a channel that goes on the A pillar?
  3. Is there a separate seal on the vent window at A pillar?
  4. I do not have the door to body seal in my possession yet so maybe this seal goes on the body from door jam to A pillar?
Any suggestions to where I can find detailed pictures/diagrams would be very much appreciated!

It is attached to the top of the A-pillar with two screws and then installed in a stainless steel channel that is also screwed to the roof! Yes there is an A-pillar seal! it is glued to the vent window frame.

It is attached to the top of the A-pillar with two screws and then installed in a stainless steel channel that is also screwed to the roof! Yes there is an A-pillar seal! it is glued to the vent window frame.

Thank you very much....problem solved!

Auto Transport Service
Back