• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 Plymouth for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is arriving at its new home today

Attachments

• 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 875
car was going 9.80's why mid 10's now?
love the color. any one know the color code for the paint?

I saw the car was up for sale too. I wish I knew the color code but I don't know off hand. The car didn't slow down too much, it was just driven differently. I replaced the Dominator with a 1000hp 4150 with annular boosters because it ran better on the street (yes I drove this once in awhile on the road).
It ran in the Midwest Gassers, where I only had to run mid 10s to be deep in the bunch and could save parts. I left at 1800rpm flat-footing it, short shifted at 7200rpm and after 1000ft played cat and mouse :).
The mph's were generally only about 110mph because i just kept the nose ahead. The Indy rockers thanked me lol.
This car is an easy high-9's car with a more aggressive launch and shifting it a bit higher up. I miss it because it was easy to drive fast and settled down nice on the big end!

no, i bought it from a FAST class racer late in '09. Sold it May of this year.

Yes, I am selling it because I am moving out the country.

the car was in Orange , NY. I talked to Billy quite a bit when I first started playing with it. When I actually first posted it for sale, Chris called me, but we couldn't work anything out. Sounds like a cool guy. Maybe he needs a heads up that it's for sale again........

That car has seen more of the USA than I have.:blob1:Car has more miles on it being trailered across the country than on it's odometer:icon_santa:

Hi guys, Billy is a good friend of mine and I have the twin to the 65 that runs mid nines here in NY. I was in Mopar Action in 2006 4 page spread(Daisy Duke on cover). Billy's car was consistant 9'8's all day. It ran well. I almost made a deal with "Mopar873" about a year ago however I was building my "Bullitt" Charger and money became tight. Very nice 65 and ran well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back