• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 Satellite interior help

Polara Pat

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Hey gang, I've been absent for a long while but it's time to tackle my Satellite interior and I could use some advice. It's a 2dr/ht and I've already picked up seat covers, molded foam, headliner, carpet and console carpet kit form Legendary. I'm getting door panels from SMS and I thought that I would need sail panels made but I think the headliner on a hardtop might just wrap down to the rear seat back and have the board in the back to keep it rigid. I have no idea since mine is gone. The other question is about the console lid and back. My original one is thrashed and the rear console cap could also use some love. Does anyone specialize in repairing these bits? SMS quoted over $500. I can't get behind that.

Any advice is much appreciated.

If you are having SMS make any panels, be prepared to wait. I ordered mine 3 years ago. They came in just before Carlisle this year, July, and were defective, as the pattern did not match side to side. I am still waiting for the new "repaired panels", which they said they would "get right on". I have been told by November, but ? Find someone local is probably a better bet...

Three years!! Yeesh. They definitely said that they would take a while and have no problem charging for their service. Not a lot of other options out there. Car won't be done for at least a year anyways. Still need someone to help with my crusty console.

Hey gang, I've been absent for a long while but it's time to tackle my Satellite interior and I could use some advice. It's a 2dr/ht and I've already picked up seat covers, molded foam, headliner, carpet and console carpet kit form Legendary. I'm getting door panels from SMS and I thought that I would need sail panels made but I think the headliner on a hardtop might just wrap down to the rear seat back and have the board in the back to keep it rigid. I have no idea since mine is gone. The other question is about the console lid and back. My original one is thrashed and the rear console cap could also use some love. Does anyone specialize in repairing these bits? SMS quoted over $500. I can't get behind that.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Try ABC Moparts, They have console pieces.

Auto Transport Service
Back