• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'65 Satellite - Use '70 Cuda nylon clips for window sill trim?

65SATisfaction

Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
Hey, happy Saturday!

I've trashed a number of the "square-with-center-pin" nylon clips that hold the stainless trim under the windowsills of our '65 Satellite.

There are none being repoped for my specific application, but.... the ones I trashed look just like the ones sold by R/T Specialties and Year One for 1970 Cuda belt trim..

Has anyone here tried if these fit the '65 Sat trim also?

Here's a link: http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000019

Thanks!
-Art

Those are just slightly different and wont work right. r/t specialties does have what you need, let me look for them....be back in a minute.

6001111 BODY MOULDING CLIP 64 DODGE, these are the big ones
6001497 BODY MOULDING CLIP 64 DODGE SMALL and these are ones that I think you need.

Did you say these are for the window trim just above the door handles or the rocker trim under the doors ?

Hey PA and Stan,
The ones in my first post came in and NO, they DIDN'T. Too big.

Stan, yes, the clips I'm needing are for the thin trim piece above the door handles, below the window sill garnish trim.

I'm going to try 5.7Hemi's suggestions next. I'll try updating you here when I get them..... Especially if it works out!
Best, -Art

My thanks for the suggestion 5.7Hemi - the '64 Dodge pieces don't look like they'll work either. On a '65 the push pin is off-center on the clip. But since they are inexpensive, I'll buy a few and see what happens, you never know.
-Art

Auto Transport Service
Back