• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB '66 383

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFilms

Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a decent 383 for my '66 Satellite. As I've just begun working on my '66 Belvedere the Satellite is a future project - next year some time - but I thought I'd start looking now. I can go through the engine but would prefer not to.
Would like a date code close to '66 but not picky.
I'm in upstate NY (unfortunately).
Thanks

Not sure you would be interested in one I have since it is early 65. It was rebuilt by a professional shop years ago with new pistons, rings bearings stock cam and specs. I had it in my 65 Fury for a few months. It developed a noise that I was concerned about so pulled it for the original 65 engine I had rebuilt. I was unsure of the noise until I removed the fuel pump and put it on my new engine. Turns out, the spring on the fuel pump was weak and allowing the pump to rattle against the push rod. The engine has around 5,000 miles and I changed the oil and sprayed some Sea Foam in the cylinders. It has been sitting in my heated shop for 10 years. I always planned to find a decent mid 60's B or C body for it but never did. This engine has a 400 intake that won't accept the Carter AFB carb. I had a Thermo Quad on it but wanted my Sport Fury to be stock. Not sure of shipping costs to NY but the $400.00 purchase price should help alleviate the shipping. It is complete as shown minus the Carb, Fuel Pump, Distributor, exhaust manifolds, Pulleys and send units.
I have shipped some heavy crates via Fastenal before but I understand they are not doing that at this time due to Covid.
If interested, I could pull the pan and take some pics of the piston walls to verify they are not rusty from sitting so long.

100_9507.JPG 100_9508.JPG 100_9509.JPG 100_9510.JPG 100_9511.JPG 100_9512.JPG

I have a 1966 383 pulled from a 1966 fury. I only have the short block and heads. I was going to put in my Satellite but I am going in a different direction. $300.00

I have a 1966 383 pulled from a 1966 fury. I only have the short block and heads. I was going to put in my Satellite but I am going in a different direction. $300.00
Thanks but shipping in the problem. None of the carriers I've contacted want to come into NY because of the China virus. I'm still looking.

You probably checked, but Fastenal (Blue Lane Freight) has resumed shipping to some locations. It can be checked by going to their website and plugging in zip codes. If that fails, I would call my local Fastenal and ask if any locations near by are accepting freight. It must be a choice left to local managers and local laws.

You probably checked, but Fastenal (Blue Lane Freight) has resumed shipping to some locations. It can be checked by going to their website and plugging in zip codes. If that fails, I would call my local Fastenal and ask if any locations near by are accepting freight. It must be a choice left to local managers and local laws.
will do. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back