• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 Bucket Seats with Tracks (Charger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslionheart1

Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Item: 67 B-Body Bucket Seats with Tracks
Price: $300 plus shipping

Description:
Driver and Passenger Bucket Seats - were told they came out of 1967 Dodge Charger.

Seat frames have surface rust, but I didn't see any broken springs.

Seat tracks also have surface rust, but both sides can be moved and seem to work well.

Seat covers and foams should be replaced.

Some, if not all, of seat trim and hardware included.

Seats are disassembled and ready for upholstery.

Great candidates for a Mopar or B-Body restoration project (the seat tracks fit the stock outer bench seat holes in my 1969 Roadrunner floor).

I bought these seats to replace my stock bench seat in my 1969 Roadrunner. Because stock 1969 seat covers wouldn't fit these seat frames "exactly," I hunted down a set of seat frames from a 1968 Roadrunner instead.

DSC_0483.jpgDSC_0489.jpgDSC_0500.jpgDSC_0514.jpgDSC_0515.jpgDSC_0517.jpgDSC_0518.jpgDSC_0519.jpgDSC_0520.jpgDSC_0600.jpgDSC_0507.jpg

Pardon the poor image framing - I'm no photographer!

Last edited:
Howdy, was wondering if you know if these will fit a 68 charger?? Cheers Steve

Howdy, was wondering if you know if these will fit a 68 charger?? Cheers Steve

Steve -

I'm not 100% sure what you have in mind. I assume that you're talking about fitting stock floor holes without drilling new holes. If you drill new holes, many seat frames would fit!

Regarding the stock floor holes, I believe that these 66-67 seats will fit your Charger for the following reasons:

1. 68 Chargers and 69 Roadrunners are both B-Bodies. 68 and 69 B-body seat frames are interchangeable. For example, 68 Charger seat covers and 69 Roadrunner seat covers should both fit the same way on 68 or 69 B-body seat frames. Similiarly, 66 and 67 B-body seat frames are interchangeable.

2. I've test fitted these seat tracks and seats into the stock floor holes of my 1969 Roadrunner. They fit nicely, without modification, but the seat tracks seemed to sit a tad (about 1/2" or less) higher than stock. Since the 68 and 69 seat frames are interchangeble, I believe the stock floor holes in your 1968 Charger will be the same as the stock floor holes in my 1969 Roadrunner. I could measure the distance between the posts on the seat tracks if you need.

Though I believe the seat frames will fit your Charger, there are other things to consider:
1. Per Legendary Auto Interiors, the stock 1968 Charger seat covers won't fit these 66-67 seat frames "exactly." I did not know that 66-67 seat frames were different from 68-69 seat frames until I called Legendary to order seat covers. Based on my conversations with Legendary, I decided to hunt down a set of 68-69 seat frames to keep the "exact" stock look.

2. You could use 66 or 67 seat covers. However, if you go this route, the 66-67 seat covers will not have the "correct" pattern seat covers for your 68 Charger. The average person would never know, but at some point, you'll run across someone that would comment on it.

3. The 66-67 seat frames have headrest holes. However, the width between these headrest holes is narrower than the width between the headrest holes on 68-69 seat frames. So, if you want to install headrests, you'd need 66-67 headrests - not 68-69 headrests.

I hope this helps - whether you decide to purchase these seats or not. I faced the same issue as you. I fell into 68-69 seat frames - otherwise I would have used these seats and had an interior shop recover them with black vinyl/leather.

They will "fit" in the same floor holes between 66-67 and 68-69, the seat to floor brackets are the same across all those years. Bucket seat spacing was the same across all these years B bodies regardless of charger, coronet or belvedere line.

Unfortunately the 66-67 seat frames will not fit 68-69 foam or covers, so the seat frames are unique to any 66-67 b body.

They will "fit" in the same floor holes between 66-67 and 68-69, the seat to floor brackets are the same across all those years. Bucket seat spacing was the same across all these years B bodies regardless of charger, coronet or belvedere line.

Unfortunately the 66-67 seat frames will not fit 68-69 foam or covers, so the seat frames are unique to any 66-67 b body.

The 66-67 seat tracks (floor brackets) are slightly taller than the 68-69 seat tracks, but otherwise I think DSD nailed it!

Also, those are for a 67, not a 66..those do not have the adjusting 6 way track bolts for the frame rail adjusters in them. They will work in a 66, but are not "correct"

Bryan

Thanx for the heads up and great info guys.. But I guess I will have to wait to find suitable 68 bucket seats.. Cheers Steve

Also, those are for a 67, not a 66..those do not have the adjusting 6 way track bolts for the frame rail adjusters in them. They will work in a 66, but are not "correct"

Bryan

Thanks Bryan! I've updated the body of the ad, but I couldn't change the title. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone!

would you consider selling the tracks seperately?

I would rather not separate as the seat frames have little to no value (i.e. much harder to sell) without the seat tracks, but what did you have in mind?

I have a set of newley recovered buckets out of a 66 Coronet, but didn't get any tracks so I'm looking for some tracks for my 66 Coronet is my story.

Still for sale -

I'm receiving a fair number of requests for different components, but at this time, these seats will be sold together as a set.

Sale pending...

Will update this post accordingly.

Seats are Sold, Sold, Sold!

Couldn't have gone to a nicer B-Body member, nothingbutdarts!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back