• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66/67 Charger wheel opening on 66/67 Coronet

That ones not mine. Just a reference pic I had saved. Mines still in primer... And I haven't gotten the right size front tires to match the 295/50s in the rear. Im still hoping find some 15x4.5 Cragar SSs

Another pic for reference (not mine)
View attachment 820722

- My Coronet has the same mod done (back in the 70s), and I haven't decided if I like it or not, but my build is going to be a bit of a 70s street machine vibe, so with the big tires, it works. Ill post a pic of mine if I can find a good one (still a project).

I have to say that looks pretty awesome, do you have an angled pic of that car? You can tell that one was done real nice. If i had to redo my quarter i would definitely consider this, now it looks like a notch back charger. And i have to disagree with the previous post about the wheel arch taking up the body line, it's identical to the charger so it looks like it would belong on there in my opinion. Dare to be different man, just take the time to do it right! cheers

No, I don’t, sorry. I’m not even sure where I came across that pic. But I’ll dig into Google and see if I can find one.

I have to say that looks pretty awesome, do you have an angled pic of that car? You can tell that one was done real nice. If i had to redo my quarter i would definitely consider this, now it looks like a notch back charger. And i have to disagree with the previous post about the wheel arch taking up the body line, it's identical to the charger so it looks like it would belong on there in my opinion. Dare to be different man, just take the time to do it right! cheers
Not only do I dare, I insist on being different...https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...restomod-project.82520/page-42#post-911336802

0516191203.jpg

Bringing back from the not so dead. I personally think this mod looks cool as hell and those poo-pooing it have no idea what they're talking about. I'm a b body newb but recently realized that the Charger and Coronet had different rear wheel openings. The small wheel openings gives a more early 60's vibe but the bigger Charger rear wheel openings on a Coronet make it look more like a 68+ car. I'm planning on doing a sorta trans am style build with my 66 Coronet that will arch and flare the rear wheel openings and push the rear wheels/tires out. Like this Cougar.

1107phr-01-o-project-max-effort-custom-flares-max-effort.jpg

To the OP, I'd say go for it! Too many belly button, cookie cutter purist cars out there.

Auto Transport Service
Back