• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66-'67 Coronet Modern Hemi Swap

oldjonny

Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
Have been asking on the "other" Mopar site for anyone that has actually done the current 392 with 8HP70 swap into the '66/'67 Coronet. I have tried calling and emailing Holley multiple times with no response. They claim "minimal" tunnel "massaging" to fit the 8HP70 in on their swap videos. Can anyone really confirm what has to be done to put the 6.4 with the 8HP70 in (physically)? I know there are electronics required, just trying to understand physical fitment. (I hate to hack up a pristine floor-pan)

I should be starting one shortly in a ‘67 Plymouth GTX. I’ll keep you posted. Hopefully it is as easy as the 8 min video Holley posted.

If you haven't found it yet, drop down a few sections to the new hemi swap spot. Its just before the year specific sections down the forum page.

Auto Transport Service
Back