• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66, 67 door glass channel

theman440

Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Can anybody explain how these new door glass guides are installed? They look nothing like the originals and there aren't any holes in them like the original stuff. Any help is appreciated.

guides.jpg

guides2.jpg

guides3.jpg

You have the correct pieces, it's just that by your photos your original ones are missing the the outer sides that seal in the channel. Since these are a 'one size fits multiple windows', they come with no holes...I matched mine up to the old pieces and put holes in using a single hole paper punch. You could also cut them out with a razor blade. There should have been hard plastic pieces about 1 1/2 inches long that came with the new seals. If not you can use the ones from the old seals. Once the holes are cut, you slide it over the edge of the glass, align the holes with holes in the glass, then insert the plastic pieces that guide the window up and down the channel. Not sure if I have pictures of when I did mine. Will have to look on the PC (on a laptop right now).

Thought I had a better picture. Anyway, slide the window in the channel of your new seal. Lift the 'flap' of one side and mark your holes. I simply punched through both sides of the channel at the same time with the hole punch, being careful not to punch through the 'flaps' on either side. Once all holes are in, slide the new seal on the window and re-install the plastic guides. The hardest part for me was getting the new seal back into the channel on the wing vent frame. Oh, I think I left mine a little long on the top (past the angled cut of the glass).

Good luck!

Did you have any luck? I'm getting ready to purchase the same thing and I'm confused to whether I'm buying the right pieces. I have the same clear plastic guide as in your picture with no ears or flaps.

I assume that your looking for the mylar runs that attach to the front edge of the door glass. There is only one manufacture for these pieces. You might get lucky and find some original Chrysler runs, but on the open market, the originals are bringing $150 to $300 per run. Just be careful as I have seen some ads that were a bit misleading on what your getting. If the price seems to good, then something is probably wrong.

There are numerous articles on the different forums on the installation and the product itself. Spend some time reading through them and getting everything in place. An extra set of hands will also be beneficial when you go to install the pieces.

The mylar pieces are extremely fragile and once they bind up, they are trashed. So take your time and do your research as you are in asking questions and you can successfully pull it off with minimum frustration.

Auto Transport Service
Back