• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'66-'67 Quarter panels

rr440EW1

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone make 1/4s or patch panels for '66-'67 Chargers? If not, what do people do to repair rust? Is there any western junkyards that might have cars with decent 1/4s that someone can recommend?

Auto body specialties makes a patch panel for the quarter but not a full 1/4 panel.

Auto body specialties makes a patch panel for the quarter but not a full 1/4 panel.
I looked into those patch panels. They are handformed and they say it is not showquality. I am not looking for a show car, but I want it to fit with minimal rework. A full 1/4 like they are making for all the 68-70 B and E bodys would make the installation easier and I would think would look better. Does anyone know if AMD or Goodmark has any plans to make these 1/4 panels?

I would call them. Both of their customer service depts are pretty good.

I would call them. Both of their customer service depts are pretty good.

I contacted AMD, they have no plans to reproduce '66-'67 Charger 1/4 panels or fenders at this time.
I guess I will need to start looking at used 1/4s from western junkyards. Can anyone recommend a good place they have dealt with?

I noticed there was a set of original Rust free ones on ebay the other day they might be in completed items by now, 1 had a bid other did'nt $350.00 ea. in Michigan Good pieces & fair prices . Patch panels is all I'v ever heard of aftermarket. the patch panels are fine & useully cover all the areas prone to rust . check out www.shermanparts.com they have high quality parts at fair prices, there who alot of resto body shops buy there panels from

Try www.texasacres.com and http://www.stephensperformance.com/
I have delt with both and also www.wildcatmopars.com and see what they might have.

I think wild cat auto has a 66-67 charger on the main screen for restro or parts. I bought a stearing wheel from wild cat auto used and I tell you it could pass for NOS.

They where fast and great to deal with and all of them where. Good luck and I wish they made more parts for these year chargers as they are one of my favorite.

Wait dosnt AMD make 66-67 Coronet floor pans if so why wouldnt they work the 66-67 Chargers are based off of those only the roof is differnt.

Texasacres is no more, from what I have heard, I heard the owner retired and has closed up shop. but there is still solid sheet metal to be found for these cars,

are coronets the same

I would think for 66-67 the Coronet floors and maybe quarter panels would work.

Im almost 100% sure on the floor as I wouldnt know what they changed there to make it differnt.

The 66-67 Charger is based off the 66-67 Coronet the only differnce in sheet metal being the roof of the car and I think trunk lid.

I would think for 66-67 the Coronet floors and maybe quarter panels would work.

Im almost 100% sure on the floor as I wouldnt know what they changed there to make it differnt.

The 66-67 Charger is based off the 66-67 Coronet the only differnce in sheet metal being the roof of the car and I think trunk lid.

The wheel well opening is much larger on a Charger vs. Coronet.

The wheel well opening is much larger on a Charger vs. Coronet.

That something I did not know and good to know that.

That wouldnt effect the floor pants would it?

I wonder if you can mod the 66-67 Coronet panels to fit a charger?

How much of a differnce are the quarter panels for the charger vs the coronet?

I always thought that it used the same sheet metal and the roof and trunk lid was differnt.

I sent my buddy a 1st gen charger expert an email here is what he had to say on quarter panel and coronet interchange

Hi Stuart. My brother had the name of a guy in TN that's had both quarters hanging on a shed wall sine the 70's. He wanted a boatload of bucks awhile ago but I'll see if John still has his number.

Otherwise I might be able to help with smaller pieces, and I had a friend (retired mopar body guy) build a rear wheel lip opening for my mauve car. The repop stuff isn't worth the shipping money. I might have a couple local guys with pieces. I'll check around but no promises. That's the holy grail of first gen Charger parts.

It is NOT the same as Coronet, other than the scoops of the '67 coronet. Not even the same height. If he just needs the lower part, aft of the wheel opening that can be cut from the bottom of a door. A couple other tricks depending on where the damage is.

Later, Lee

Thats good info to know I guess for now no looking at any 66-67 charges. I almost bought one a few years back a 67 383 car but passed on it. The quarters looked good but if memory serves me right it was all putty.

yeah luckily our 66 of my son's is a nice rust free car , only problem is its in like 20 boxes LOL

q's 66 chargerdcdc.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back