• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66-67 sat. 1/4 skins????

67X

Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Hey everybody
Kinda new here hope this is in the right place
Hey does anybody know anything about the 1/4 skins for 66-67 Sat. that are on ebay ????? Like fit who makes them not worth the time

Thanks for any help

Probably not worth the time. I've searched high and low and found the new stuff for these cars to be junk. I bought some years ago that were in the same price range as evilbay and the quality wasn't even good enough to put on a Brand X.

If anyone has had a better experience, please share.

Thanks for the info jaakhus
When I bought the car some one had put the three patch panels
together and did a bad job. they cut it below the body line at the bottom
then ovelapped the panel and welded it right on the lower body line on both side
I guess thats ok, but not the way I would have liked to done it. Oh well
again thanks and I will search on for another parts car

AMD was looking to remake them. I'm not sure what the status is. I may have a pair of originals available later this summer or early fall.

jamey Thanks for the info
If you do have a pair to get rid of let me know Cause im sure I will take them
I have had 68-69-71-72 and now this 67 and did not know how hard parts were to find for 66-67 just thought you could buy about anything, boy did I get suprised

What side do you need? There was a passenger side listed on moparts recently.

I would like to have both side ,but pass. is the worst

1/4 skins

I bought the 1/4 skins the guy sales on ebay and there not close at all. The wheel opening is different enough that you would need to modify the trim if you have it. The side elevation/profile is not dimensionally correct so you either fit to the body lines or the rocker and one way or the other there will be extensive rework. If yo u are till considering buying them I will sell you mine for one half what i paid and you pay shipping and handling. Better yet dont buy them and maybe we start out as friends. Pj

The one on moparts was an original cutoff.

Pj, I think you keep them and we start as friends.
I bought this car from ebay (LESSON WELL LEARNED) But its mine now so the only thing to do is fix it. I talked with Allen at AMD and they have the full trunk pan now,
partial 1/4 skins trunk ext and outter wheelhouse within a year.
I have plenty of other work to do so I guess I can wait. Gonna try and get trunk pan, have to scratch up some cash.
Thanks to all of you for your help.
Jamey if you still come up with those 1/4s let me know.

Is AMD only doing the quarter skins, or full quarters? I thought they were doing full quarters. I tried to deal with Alan and let him take the parts off the 67 belvedere I have listed for sale on here. He must of found the parts else where.

Ben,We plan on making some partial quarters for these cars, as well as trunkfloor extensions and outer wheel housings. These are probably a year away.We did recently make the 66-67 B-body trunk floor. Thanks for your interest! AlanAuto Metal Direct866-591-8309

This is a copy of the email he sent me

Hey does anybody have any good suggestions as what to do with the skins I got off of eBay. I have been fortunate with most parts. There some guy trying to resale a grill I bought from him that was not the quality he said it was. eBay got all my money and shipping back. He is still listing the same as before. I did get one for my 66 Satellite that will work for less money and much better shape. Too bad i couldnt have waited for AMD.

pj, How long have you had the skins?
I think I would complain to the guy about the quality and see if you can get some or all of your money back. I know shipping on those skins are as much as the skins.
When I bought my car I was told it was 90% done and looking at the pics. it looked it
but after a 26hr drive 500 dollar non refundable deposit and about 300 in fuel standing
there looking at the car what do ya do? load it or leave it? since I am looking for parts we know what I did. I should have left it and and tried to get ebay to get my money back.
Live and learn

Hey 67x, Do you have any pics of the x you just picked up? I'd like to see it. What options does it have?

Mine is a 67 Sat. wish it was a GTX.
Bucket seats with buddy seat auto on column
383 - 8 3/4 red with black int.
I know I make it sound like its junk Its not that bad I was not looking for a big project
from door up its fine. 1/4s are in a mess just need to start all over.
Love my car just wish I was driving it, still mad at guy I got it from.
wife said his 90% done and my 90% done are two differnt things.
How do you get pics in here? sorry for being noobie

Here it is.

67 Plymouth 002.jpg

It's amazing what a fresh coat of primer will hide. That pic makes it look like a solid car. You'll get things squared away, and have fun with it.

Thanks alot Jamey for the compliment
Like I said its not as bad as some I have seen and not as good as others, but I think Ill get straight just a little work.
Anything worth having is not free ( Money or work or both):grin:

ShermanParts.com
I purchased 1/4's years ago that were great. Good gauge and shape.

Lance

Auto Transport Service
Back